The PAcific Miniseries repro field gear?

THAT GUY

ClaptonIsGod

On a similar note, when this stuff does come, what would be an appropriate section for it? Here? Post the helmet in the helmet section for all the helmet junkies to ooh and ah at? The main top and pants, boots and leggings in uniforms? All the web gear in field gear? I'm confuzzled :unsure:

Also, I think my concerns about the Hawley were unwarranted. I can see the fixed chinstrap stud and part of the upper suspension I believe.

Looks like something is inside that grenade pouch! Special surprise inside :lol: ! Probably is just wood though, same should go for ammo belt. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a rubber grenade and rubber Garand clips? :w00t:

I dont think the pouch is for a grenade.Looks like they were attempting to replicate the early war USMC first aid pouch.Normally these have the glove snap closures.The movie one has the lift the dot and looks like a compass pouch.The sling on the Garand looks Japanese to me.Has the roller buckle set up :think:

RD

Well, to be fully fair, if you look at several of the other sets they say the boots and leggings are marked "Stone". Hm :think:?

This Stone fellow must really get around. ;)

Not sure why so many different sets would have his particular name (assuming it's actually referring to the character), but with the clear disclaimer that most of the gear is mixed and matched, it really doesn't surprise me.

Hey Y'all,

I was confused-my bid for this ring apparently did go through. So, I was able to get a piece of the action too! And, since I was in the Marine Corps Reserves I will enjoy it. It looks pretty crudely made, but from 10 feet it should be cool.

Cheers,

Capa

A ring worn by “Ivy League” Corrigan (Henry Nixon) in the 2010 TV mini-series The Pacific. The detailed metal USMC ring measures .75” x .75” (1.9cm x 1.9cm)

post-1646-1268547044.jpeg

post-1646-1268547068.jpeg

RANDALL 1953
Hey Y'all,

I was confused-my bid for this ring apparently did go through. So, I was able to get a piece of the action too! And, since I was in the Marine Corps Reserves I will enjoy it. It looks pretty crudely made, but from 10 feet it should be cool.

Cheers,

Capa

A ring worn by “Ivy League” Corrigan (Henry Nixon) in the 2010 TV mini-series The Pacific. The detailed metal USMC ring measures .75” x .75” (1.9cm x 1.9cm)

Good score on the ring capa. For the most part props are crudely made as the purpose is to look real at a distance. Look in the propstores catalog at one of the M1 carbines for The Pacific, you will see the windage knob is only 3/4 made and seam lines on the receiver. I have a baseball grenade from Blackhawk Down and it has no pull ring and lots of pitmark holes in the body. As I said to look real at a distance. No matter though, its a piece of cinema history and very cool to own. I wonder when props from The Pacific bought from the propstore will start popping up on Ebay for resale at $$$ prices.

Good score on the ring capa. For the most part props are crudely made as the purpose is to look real at a distance. Look in the propstores catalog at one of the M1 carbines for The Pacific, you will see the windage knob is only 3/4 made and seam lines on the receiver. I have a baseball grenade from Blackhawk Down and it has no pull ring and lots of pitmark holes in the body. As I said to look real at a distance. No matter though, its a piece of cinema history and very cool to own. I wonder when props from The Pacific bought from the propstore will start popping up on Ebay for resale at $$$ prices.

:think: hmmmm, well after I enjoy the ring for a while you never know...

ClaptonIsGod

I just watched it. There were several shots when they were holding helmets and you could see the webbing, they all have rayon with snap in headbands. Seeing this made me glad I got that gear, this thing is quite amazing.

Lee-you were right about the prices!
Man, how I hate being right all the time! :lol:

I'm into sci-fi stuff and have some original TV props from a few of those kinds of shows and knew all too well that nothing these guys sell is ever gonna be cheap. I could afford a set of this stuff if I really wanted it badly and was willing to incur the wrath of "Household 6" but I won't bother. Still, it's good that they're parting off complete sets, insuring that they'll likely stay together. :thumbsup:

Waiting to get my USMC ring any day now...don't forget to post how well you like your order. They are adding to the things for sale every day apparently.

capa

ClaptonIsGod
Waiting to get my USMC ring any day now...don't forget to post how well you like your order. They are adding to the things for sale every day apparently.

capa

My gear should be here next week since I cleared the miscommunication, I can't wait, will post pics.

RANDALL 1953
While not a clothing or equipment item I placed an order for a set of dog tags. I will be getting Powell"s who is played by Eamon Farrens. Pretty cool to own a actual part of cinema history.

Received the Powell dog tags today from the Prop Store. Anyone else get their orders?post-2427-1269132679.jpg

Received the Powell dog tags today from the Prop Store. Anyone else get their orders?post-2427-1269132679.jpg

Not yet-are you happy with them?

capa

Hi All .

I have been working with one of the companies that made the 782 gear here in Los Angeles .

They have about 200 complete sets that will soon be released.

Stay tuned for more developments .

owen

Nothing as yet .

They are putting all the sets together as it was all broken up by prop master after filiming stopped for shipping into the States .

owen

RANDALL 1953
Not yet-are you happy with them?

capa

I would have to say yes. I do not think they are comparable to a set of originals but seem to be pretty decent quality for a prop.

Hey Y'all,

Got my ring from the show today. It's pretty cool and the certificate of authenticity is impressive. I actually caught two glimpses of the ring on episode 2. I am just glad the Lt. is a good guy (e.g. he gave the men a pack of lucky strikes).

Capa

I've noticed that some of the M1 helmets for sale with the costumes, have what looks like a rivet showing on the outside of the steel shell, just above the bail. It can be seen on quite a few of Propstores offerings. :think:

Did they use foreign M1 clones for the production?

If so, does anyone know where they are from?

Doc

ClaptonIsGod

Alright, the main bulk came today. To answer some questions, I'll start with the helmet. Liner appears to have been made by pouring some formula into a mold, it basically made a Hawley or they might have done cloth as it is slightly bunched up. It has the fixed leather chinstrap (a faithful repro), and repro rayon suspension and retaining the nape strap but no headband. I thought about getting a sweatband but decided not to ruin film authenticity. I looked under the cover and found it was a front-seam pot, no rivets on the outside, and it is marked with the Schlueter "S" yet the fixed bales appear to be rectangular McCord type. Canteen in all reality is actually rubber filled with foam, and rather poor at that as it's cracked and ripped. Ammo belt is filled with wooden blocks, one of the attachments came undone on one of the pouches and still has snap but snap is not attached, and the wooden block vanished. I will get it all out and examine and photo if and when I find a mannequin that will fit all this. Aside from that, for now, it remains in a garment bag in my closet. The rubber Garand is a pretty good copy, it really doesn't seem like rubber and they actually included the serial number on the original in the mold.

ClaptonIsGod
I've noticed that some of the M1 helmets for sale with the costumes, have what looks like a rivet showing on the outside of the steel shell, just above the bail. It can be seen on quite a few of Propstores offerings. :think:

Did they use foreign M1 clones for the production?

If so, does anyone know where they are from?

Doc

You can see the shell is a front seam, so I am confused as well. Perhaps someone can shed some light on it.

post-4251-1269992025.jpg

Helmet mystery solved! My uniform arrived today, a non-distressed generic costume. The helmet is actually a plastic/resin casting of an original front seam helmet. It is painted OD, with aluminum paint around the edge to simulate wear and tear! Rivets hold the swivel bales in place, but are barely visible from more than a few feet away!

The liner is 'post Korea' with WWII style webbing in dark OD, and no grommet in the front. Pictures of the outfit to follow, but it included a white T shirt, HBTs, boots and leggings, BAR belt with 1st aid pouch and canteen carrier with foam canteen, USMC suspenders, trouser belt, and HBT cap. Went and got a mannequin today (found a mannequin store/wearhouse only 30 minutes frome home!!!) But still need to dress him up ... And trim those G-d Aweful eyelashes! LOL

doc

ClaptonIsGod
Helmet mystery solved! My uniform arrived today, a non-distressed generic costume. The helmet is actually a plastic/resin casting of an original front seam helmet. It is painted OD, with aluminum paint around the edge to simulate wear and tear! Rivets hold the swivel bales in place, but are barely visible from more than a few feet away!

The liner is 'post Korea' with WWII style webbing in dark OD, and no grommet in the front. Pictures of the outfit to follow, but it included a white T shirt, HBTs, boots and leggings, BAR belt with 1st aid pouch and canteen carrier with foam canteen, USMC suspenders, trouser belt, and HBT cap. Went and got a mannequin today (found a mannequin store/wearhouse only 30 minutes frome home!!!) But still need to dress him up ... And trim those G-d Aweful eyelashes! LOL

doc

Ah, that's a disappointment. But it feels like steel??!

ClaptonIsGod
Ah, that's a disappointment. But it feels like steel??!

No, mine is definitely steel. Anyone know of a place which would sell a mannequin to fit a size S top, size 12 boots, and 30/32 pants?

I believe the real helmets were done up by J Murray, theres a write-up about it and some pics of the freshly finished pots on their website.....mike

I am not dissapointed in the plastic M1, it is part of Hollywood magic after all!

1270002295.jpg

1270002326.jpg

1270002253.jpg

and a close up of the dreaded rivet! :lol:

1270002227.jpg

No complaints here. I've got my share of real steel M1s. :thumbsup:

Still need to trim those eyelashes though.

Doc