The PAcific Miniseries repro field gear?

THAT GUY

If they are smart, they will hold onto it until the series premiers, and then run a series of auctions on eBay.

Just look at the zillions of dollars that were made when they sold the Battle Star Galactica props!

Yeah, a outfit called propworx did so well on those Galactica auctions (seriously, you guys would have a stroke to see what people paid for that stuff), they're now being asked to run auctions for the Stargate franchise and the upcoming Iron Man movie, as well as others waiting.

The days of folks like At The Front selling movie props for pennies on the dollar are OVER. :thumbdown:

They USED to not care about the used props and costumes. This has changed and is now a new source of revenue for some filmco's.

I know a guy that has a tie to the company that auctioned off the Galatica stuff (and he has one of the Galatica's bunk beds in his room) and had made inquiries if there were plans to auction the Pacific stuff, but no one seem tor eally know. It depend upon how it is recieved.

But be warned, film company's generally buy at least two (sometimes more) grades of stuff. The 'hero' stuff that is used by the main actors, generally a secondary grade for the rest, and a prop grade (as in cast solid rubber canteens or painted belts for deep background extras.

A COA is only worth the paper it is printed on. They are regularly faked and most are pretty useless. With the exception if it comes directly from a known major auction house or sale.

RANDALL 1953

On Ebay there is a seller sssmwholesale who sells USMC 1st pattern camo hbt sets as well as helmet covers. They state that they are the same sets that were made for The Pacific. While they probably were not used in the production of the series I suppose its possible that they could be the suppliers of these sets and covers for the production and these are extras they had left over.

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo
I just read that propstore.com apparently will start listing items on the 12th. Expect them to go for very high prices. :ermm:

My USMC Kit is mostly ATF (good stuff) and What Price Glory (Good stuff also).

Rock

Corpsmancollector
The uniforms have been for sale since last summer, but hopefully they burned all the field gear :)

I concur. There's already far too much repro gear diluting the market, as Ian has pointed out.

The propstore auction looks interesting and I'm sure the prices will be phenomenal.

Will

I would like to buy a WWII Japanese helmet prop with star and camo netting from the show, originals are very expensive

or maybe a movie prop M1 carbine or Thompson sub machine gun

Corpsmancollector
I would like to buy a WWII Japanese helmet prop with star and camo netting from the show, originals are very expensive

or maybe a movie prop M1 carbine or Thompson sub machine gun

Absolutely. It might be a good opportunity to purchase some film 'memorabilia' in place of hard to find (and expensive) original items. Web gear however, is still readily available for the time being.

Will

ClaptonIsGod

Definitely repro, I would like to believe they have some props department people/advisors trolling through here learning about stuff :lol: Thanks for the link, that made my day. I am going to try and get perhaps one of those Hawley liners, a dummy rubber Garand/Carbine or Thompson, and maybe a few pieces of field gear or stunt items.

I just read that propstore.com apparently will start listing items on the 12th. Expect them to go for very high prices. :ermm:

Amazing how the start of their listings coincides with opening of the series on March 14th! Marketing at its finest! Anybody on here will be lucky if they can afford any of it.

• 2 weeks later...
Amazing how the start of their listings coincides with opening of the series on March 14th! Marketing at its finest! Anybody on here will be lucky if they can afford any of it.

FWIW, The Prop Store of London is a legitimate company that has been in the business for several years, and I have always heard postive experiences from friends that have purchased from them. If any of you decide to take the plunge and buy something from The Pacific, you'll be making a safe purchase.

That being said, I just picked up a uniform set and dog tags used by the character Sgt. Stone (Toby Moore), who appears in 6 episodes. It was one of the few that featured the camo utility shirts. Yes, I know that I could certainly pick up similiar repo items for less, but it was cheaper than several of the leading characters' uniforms and will still have that neat screen-used appeal. (it's my first film prop) :)

ClaptonIsGod

I just got a full uniform set and a rubber Garand with sling. Here's the website photos, I will post detail when it comes. To Capa, I will take lots of pics of the Hawley when all this junk comes, I am thinking that they might have quality ones for the main characters as from what I think I can see the Hawley in mine looks funky. I could be wrong though. I can't wait! When it comes out on box set or on Hulu (I don't have HBO) I'll be straining my eyes getting migraines looking for this set :lol: . Description for the uniform: This is a costume worn by an American background soldier in the 2010 TV mini-series The Pacific. The costume consists of a green jacket (size S) with USMC printed on the pocket, undershirt, green trousers (size 30/32), boots (size 12, tagged ‘Stone’), gaiters (size 5, tagged ‘Stone’) and M1 Garand webbing which includes a canteen, and ten pouches. The costume also comes with a camouflage helmet, a green hat, and a backpack containing a rubber e-tool and a camouflage half shelter. The costume is distressed and muddy from production use.

First shot

post-4251-1268450313.jpg

Second shot

post-4251-1268450330.jpg

Third shot

post-4251-1268450342.jpg

ClaptonIsGod

Garand. It says it's all made of hard rubber. Will look great with the gear.

Shot 1

post-4251-1268450468.jpg

Shot 2

post-4251-1268450482.jpg

Shot 3

post-4251-1268450495.jpg

I'm curious about how they did the helmet. Will it be a rear seam with bails ripped off converted to fixed? Front swivel converted? OR original fix bail? Time will tell :D

ClaptonIsGod

Also, I think my concerns about the Hawley were unwarranted. I can see the fixed chinstrap stud and part of the upper suspension I believe.

Looks like something is inside that grenade pouch! Special surprise inside :lol: ! Probably is just wood though, same should go for ammo belt. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a rubber grenade and rubber Garand clips? :w00t:

I just got a full uniform set and a rubber Garand with sling. Here's the website photos, I will post detail when it comes. To Capa, I will take lots of pics of the Hawley when all this junk comes, I am thinking that they might have quality ones for the main characters as from what I think I can see the Hawley in mine looks funky. I could be wrong though. I can't wait! When it comes out on box set or on Hulu (I don't have HBO) I'll be straining my eyes getting migraines looking for this set :lol: . Description for the uniform: This is a costume worn by an American background soldier in the 2010 TV mini-series The Pacific. The costume consists of a green jacket (size S) with USMC printed on the pocket, undershirt, green trousers (size 30/32), boots (size 12, tagged ‘Stone’), gaiters (size 5, tagged ‘Stone’) and M1 Garand webbing which includes a canteen, and ten pouches. The costume also comes with a camouflage helmet, a green hat, and a backpack containing a rubber e-tool and a camouflage half shelter. The costume is distressed and muddy from production use.

Hmmmm....looks like they may have taken the gators and boots from my character's costume and placed them with yours! Go figure.... :rolleyes:

Great looking set you picked up though!Pacific-Stone001a.jpg

Pacific-Stone001c.jpg

Lee-you were right about the prices! But I am super stoked that some of you guys are able to buy some of this cool stuff. I tried to buy a ring but someone got to it before I did. I can't wait to hear what you guys think of the stuff when you get it-I will get a vicarious thrill. Keep us posted.

Cheers,

Capa

ClaptonIsGod
Lee-you were right about the prices! But I am super stoked that some of you guys are able to buy some of this cool stuff. I tried to buy a ring but someone got to it before I did. I can't wait to hear what you guys think of the stuff when you get it-I will get a vicarious thrill. Keep us posted.

Cheers,

Capa

Will do! ;)

ClaptonIsGod
Hmmmm....looks like they may have taken the gators and boots from my character's costume and placed them with yours! Go figure.... :rolleyes:

Sorry.. :)

If some reenactors find that website alot of that stuff will be gone. They have almost entire impressions for $300- $400!!!!

Sam

ClaptonIsGod

Great looking set you picked up though!Pacific-Stone001a.jpg

Pacific-Stone001c.jpg

Actually, upon more thought, look at it this way: We both get part of that character :w00t: ! :lol:

Actually, upon more thought, look at it this way: We both get part of that character :w00t: ! :lol:

Lol, very true!

ClaptonIsGod
Lol, very true!

Well, to be fully fair, if you look at several of the other sets they say the boots and leggings are marked "Stone". Hm :think:?

RANDALL 1953

While not a clothing or equipment item I placed an order for a set of dog tags. I will be getting Powell"s who is played by Eamon Farrens. Pretty cool to own a actual part of cinema history.