1920's Wing White Co pattern -- copy or real -- U.S.?

Paul S

Hi paul - IIRC this is made by the White Co. I thought I saw one on Ebay in a box... Some folks will say sweetheart and others will say 1930s style ala BBB version. I am still searching for a period photo :)

BTW I do not think it is a repro just an unknown... I would be interested to read others opinions...

John

Hi paul - IIRC this is made by the White Co. I thought I saw one on Ebay in a box... Some folks will say sweetheart and others will say 1930s style ala BBB version. I am still searching for a period photo :)

BTW I do not think it is a repro just an unknown... I would be interested to read others opinions...

John

I certainly do not have the knowledge that John Cooper possesses, but these have an amazing amount of detail to them. Doubtful that anyone could reproduce that level of quality.

What I do notice is the symmetrical divots on the shield, as though there was something attached to it at one time.

I'm with John on this one, I have owned several, and I have seen several with bogus BB&B hallmarks stamped on them. I tend to lean towards the sweetheart angle. Although I did hear from someone that this was a BB&B pattern, but they sold the dies. If you watch eBay long enough you can pick one up for under $50.

O.K., thanks for the advice guys. I didn't pay much attention to the 3 punch holes arranged in a triangular pattern as though it once held some kind of an attachment. Good eye Navy.

It's a beguiling wing to be sure and one I tend to confuse with some of the seldom seen ornate Link designs. :think: