WWII USMC E-Tool Covers

I picked these up at a local surplus store, 2 M43 etool covers. The thing is, someone has sewn straps to them to help keep the flap closed if the click the dot snap was to pop open or completely off in combat. The first one has a nice, USMC camo pattern strap. Unfortunately, it's nearly torn off. The second one has a torn strap on it as well, is extremely dirty, and appears to be simple tan canvas. Must have been machine sewn in a shop, because the stitching on both goes through the canvas as well as the web straps. Both have hangers intact and broken click-the dot snaps. The first is busted and worn down, as if it were smashed in the field, and the second has the male end stuck in the female end and popped off the canvas. Both dated 1944 inside. I thought these were interesting. Does anyone else have anything like this in their collections?

102_0069.JPG

-Brig
GySgt/USMC/0369
RSU-Quantico

"FOR OUR TOMORROWS, THEY GAVE THEIR TODAYS"
RIP
Sgt Jesse 'Jeff Nasty' Balthaser
Sgt John P Huling
Cpl Carlos 'Gilo Monster' Gilorozco
Cpl Stephen C 'Socks' Sockalosky
LCpl Joshua A 'Scottie' Scott
LCpl Jason Lee 'Birdman' Frye
LCpl Nicolas B Morrison
LCpl Jon T Hicks
LCpl Osbrany 'Oz' Montes De Oca
Pvt Lewis T D Calapini
'The SOI 5'

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I've never seen such an e tool carrier before but I can identify the straps they used. Both are USMC straps for securing the blanket roll, one is for the OD ("khaki") shelter half and the other for the camouflage one.

Greg Robinson "marine-kabar"

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

**PLEASE NOTE: THIS COMMUNITY MEMBER, SADLY, HAS PASSED AWAY**

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/106069-rip-greg-robinson/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.