SOS Updates 2010

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish! :P Pick me up something good hey :D

Perhaps next year, in all seriousness i would really like to get myself to one, but living in Australia, it's a long trip, best of luck to all forum buddies going out for a hunt!

If you can read this, thank a teacher, and, since it's in English, thank a soldier.

- Anonymous

Dedicated to the hard core.

I'm still hoping to go but my ride bailed on me so now I'm trying to see who in the area is going and when.

Looking for for 37th Division

VietNam and earlier Special Forces &

USS Hemminger DE 746 items

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

See my FB sales page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1928884587130681/pending/

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

I will be there Tables Q38 - 40.

This is a show I would have to be DEAD to miss. I have been attending since 2001 and setting up since 2005. It gets better every year no matter how bad the weather gets. The 2008 Ice storm kept some people away, but all of the "usual suspects" and diehards made it.

If you have never been to this show, you are definitely missing out. If you only make it to one US east coast show a year, this is the one to attend.

I will be driving in from Massachusetts...

Tom K
USMC (VMFA-115) 90 - 96
ASMIC Member
OVMS member (ready for my 16th SOS in 2019)

donation2016.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2012.gif

I would LOVE to be there. But sadly, it's a long trip from the UK. However, it's my dad's 65th birthday this year and I'm thinking of booking plane tickets for the 2 of us for next year, as his present.

Does it always fall on the same date guys?

Will

WWII USMC & USN - CAMOUFLAGE / CORPSMAN / PARAMARINE / MARINE RAIDER / DENIM / DECK JACKETS.

VIETNAM - CAMOUFLAGE / SF / 'IN-COUNTRY' ITEMS.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

I will be there also. This will be my third show. I saw collectors at the SOS that I had not seen for twenty five years. Got to meet new collectors. And it is just not people from the US, The whole world of militaria collecting comes. There are collectors there from Germany, Russia, England and Holland. The Show brochure is like a Who's Who of collecting.

Generally yes, with the odd exception.

The OVMS website carries all the infomation that you would require.

http://www.sosovms.com/

The 2008 ice storm was quite a thing to see.......

Thanks Patrick, that's a big help. Gosh, I wouldn't have expected that kind of weather there? We're snowed in over here, it's crazy!

Will

WWII USMC & USN - CAMOUFLAGE / CORPSMAN / PARAMARINE / MARINE RAIDER / DENIM / DECK JACKETS.

Thanks Patrick, that's a big help. Gosh, I wouldn't have expected that kind of weather there? We're snowed in over here, it's crazy!

Will

KY is famed for its...'crisp' winter temperature. Last years show was quite mild for a change.

The international airport (SDF) is a good one and easy to navigate, flights to KY from the major US hubs are also easy to source. If you ever get stuck and need some further help, just PM me nearer the time.

donation2009.gif

I'll be there....set up selling assorted WW1 and WW2 items and groupings. I tried desperately to get a second table, but that's almost impossible to do. I could really use the space!

If you have not been to this show..........you really can't comprehend what you're missing. 1,600 tables of militaria is amazing. It's impossible to truly see every thing.

:drool2:

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Always interested in the 166th Infantry, 42nd Division, A.E.F.

Quality WW1 studio portraits and real photo postcards of Distinguished Service Cross recipients; showing steel helmets; or other interesting content.

I will be there in my usual tables in the middle of the room behind the bookseller. I would not miss it and have driven through snow and ice to be there.

"You can't please everyone so you have got to please yourself." Ricky Nelson

post-2-0-10415400-1477335312.jpg

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

KY is famed for its...'crisp' winter temperature. Last years show was quite mild for a change.

The international airport (SDF) is a good one and easy to navigate, flights to KY from the major US hubs are also easy to source. If you ever get stuck and need some further help, just PM me nearer the time.

Thanks Patrick, I really appreciate that.

Will

I'll be there for sure. I've been going to the Show of Shows since 1993 and haven't missed one since. ;)

BTW, anybody have a show table for sale? I missed out on buying one and they sellout fast. :crying:

Bryan

“There's not much I can tell you about this war. It's like all wars, I guess.The undertakers are winning.The politicians who talk about the glory of it.The old men who talk about the need of it.The soldiers, well, they just wanna go home.” Jimmy Stewart in Shenandoah

donation2007.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

I hope to be there, depending on my job status. I have had a table at the show for many years, but had to give it up the last two shows due to my work schedule. Hopefully that won't be the case this year and I'll at least be able to attend. We'll see!

Dave

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I'll be there also. Don't forget to print up the ID badge below and wear it with your SOS badge so we can identify each other. :thumbsup:

post_1726_1236104759.jpg

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I'll be there. All I can say is that the winter in Kentucky this year has been bad. Temperatures have been below normal and we have had quite a bit of snow. Hope to see you all there!

Always looking for US and foreign militaria from the Central American wars circa 1970-1990

donation2017.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Can't wait to make it this year, been trying for three years now, but this time it is a go!

Can't wait to meet some of the members here, hope we can grab a beer or two, or three or........lol

Wade

"We want to get the hell over there. The quicker we clean up this Goddamned mess, the quicker we can take a little jaunt against the purple pissing Japs and clean out their nest, too. Before the Goddamned Marines get all of the credit."

- General George S. Patton, Jr

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

see you all there .

hope there is another ice storm its so hot in California its a nice change

owen

Owen

You dont have to go to Louisville for great weather.Iowa is closer.Was -32 last saturday morning.Little balmy this evening with -11 and only suppose to get to -21 tonite.You can stop by any time.Now back outside to have a beer as its getting warm.

RON

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

I'd love to go, it's been a couple of years since the last time. Money is tight as usual. I could use the change in weather, it's unusually hot in Hawaii this "winter", It's been in the mid 80's with very little rain, very unusual. This may be the beginning of one of those years with the weather screwy all over the world. Can't beat the SOS even if it's a ways to go!

"As long as man exists, there will be war. The only way to avoid trouble is to have the best Army, Navy and Air Force." George S. Patton, Jr.

SAVE THE A-10!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2019.gif