101st A/B CIB group, need input

otter42

I bought all this in one lot. It came from a storage unit that went unpaid and actioned off. I'm really baffled on this one, there are 3 sets of dog tags, 2 are named to a man and women with the same last name, the other is someone totally different. The name tape on the bdu's is different then all 3 tags... The guy I bought it from said all these came together. Any ideas? If this was a women in the A/B could she have been awared the CIB? The A/B cap is for a women.

post-4732-1266708606.jpg

post-4732-1266708618.jpg

Cobrahistorian

Looks like he saw combat in Panama with the 7th Division and then served as aircrew on Chinooks in the 101st. Cool stuff.

I bought all this in one lot. It came from a storage unit that went unpaid and actioned off. I'm really baffled on this one, there are 3 sets of dog tags, 2 are named to a man and women with the same last name, the other is someone totally different. The name tape on the bdu's is different then all 3 tags... The guy I bought it from said all these came together. Any ideas? If this was a women in the A/B could she have been awared the CIB? The A/B cap is for a women.

post-4732-1266708606.jpg

post-4732-1266708618.jpg

Women are not authorized CIBs but they are in Airborne units and assigned to many other Military Occupational Skills (MOS) that are assigned to airborne units. Your guess is as good as mine on why the name is different. May be a collector or a soldier who purchased the uniform to change the name tapes and wear but never got around to it.

John

Can I do research on these current dog tags by requesting the info through the freedom of information act? I have done it for WWII but don't know if this applies to current soldiers as well. Thanks, Ken