Mickey Mouse ration book

disneydave

This booklet was designed to hold ration coupons and dates from circa 1942-1943.

The front features Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Pluto returning home from grocery shopping.

Space on the back was reserved for a store advertisement. Most of the ones I have seen have an ad for "Bristow's Food Market - the biggest little store in town," which was located in Clovis, New Mexico. I have seen one other advertising a store in New York, otherwise the majority I have seen carry the New Mexico ad on the reverse.

This is a fairly uncommon item and is becoming scarcer. The front:

blog_ration_front.JPG

And the reverse:

blog_ration_back.JPG

This one is near mint.

• 3 weeks later...
This booklet was designed to hold ration coupons and dates from circa 1942-1943.

The front features Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Pluto returning home from grocery shopping.

Space on the back was reserved for a store advertisement. Most of the ones I have seen have an ad for "Bristow's Food Market - the biggest little store in town," which was located in Clovis, New Mexico. I have seen one other advertising a store in New York, otherwise the majority I have seen carry the New Mexico ad on the reverse.

This is a fairly uncommon item and is becoming scarcer. The front:

post-524-1183223972.jpg

And the reverse:

post-524-1183223996.jpg

This one is near mint.

I aggree! Great item! This lists for $45-55. This is a 1943 holder.

AndrewA74

Hi Andrew.

Mint ones are becoming quite scarce now and I've watched the value rise of late. I'm thinking $65 - $75 these days for a minty one.

Hi Andrew.

Mint ones are becoming quite scarce now and I've watched the value rise of late. I'm thinking $65 - $75 these days for a minty one.

The book was published in 2000.

AndrewA74