What is your favorite event

hbtcoveralls

HI folks,

Just curious, which event that you and maybe your outfit participates in is your favorite and why? What elements make a good event and what elements make a great event.

Tom Bowers

Muster on the Maumee at Ft. Meigs, located in Perrysburg Ohio. Its a big event that spans from the Roman empire all the way up to Vietnam. Its a fun event geared heavily towards the reenactors, where a crowd kinda shows up. Really fun and is in a war of 1812 fort.

Dent

Ours is gotta be Twinwoods, incorporating the Glenn Miller festival, great music from the 30's right through to the 50s, musical tastes for everyone...Makes for a great weekend..The living history is smaller, but more friendlier and relaxed than in the past, and we get invited every year...

If anyone from over here ever get's the chance to come to Blighty, put this one in yer diary, and come and visit us... :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tom, I'd have to say Reading and Odessa. Reading because of the size, vairiety of displays, vintage aircraft, etc. However, I attended Odessa for the first time last year and I thought it was great. I remember you telling us that Odessea was one of your favorites because of the hedgerows, tacticals, and the entire atmosphere. It was rainy, we were soaking wet, but dried out around the fire just fine on Friday night. The next mornig was very foggy and cleared off to a beautiful day. The tacticals were very well done. I thought it was very sobering seeing how difficult it was working the hedgerows and how it must have been for our men in Normandy. What we saw was nothing in comparrison, but I guess its the closest you can get in the northeast. I was shown the area where the night battle took place years ago and all of you stopped to look at the Northern Lights. I hope to go back next year.

Jack B.

Use to be the Camp Claiborne event. But this time I didnt really enjoy it.

Now it's probably the Nam event in Jackson. Not super huge, not super small. Vets to hang out with. Plenty of space for walking and driving. Plus I only get to do it once a year. So the new doesnt wear off like WW2 or CW.

Allison's Woods Living History Military Timeline- Statesville, NC

started out as a Civil War event only and two years ago they went military thru all periods. It is fun and outstanding, to see all the impressions and how much time and effort the people put into their uniforms and equipment. last year was the first big showing for Vietnam era, and hopefully this year will be bigger.

post-5710-1267971248.jpg