My New drawing

Panzer 3

Hi,

Im not really sure where to post this but as the thread is for creating things i thought i would put it here,

this is the first piece of art i have done for five years owing to illness. i thought i would pick a subject

poignant to W.W.2, ie Raising the flag at Iwo jima, It is far from finished but thought you could see it grow.

I am copying from a black and what pic i have so my not be accurate in some ways, (artistic licence )

Hope you like it.

post-7848-1266331112.jpg

post-7848-1266331156.jpg

post-7848-1266331190.jpg

post-7848-1266331226.jpg

you've got some real talent man! When you post additional photos of your great work you might consider upsizing the attached images if you can so we can get a better look at your work. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

Terry

What's you medium, watercolors or colored pencil? What's the overall size of the image? As it's on board, I'm guessing not guache or oil paints?

Looks good from what I see so far! :thumbsup:

Hi Willy,

I grey scale to start and then build up with coloured pencil mixing the colour as they go,

it is easy to mix as you only need to know the base colour first.

Then build the grey scale to the needs of the shadow affect, I hope to finish soon then

i have some other military drawing to do for a member of another forum.

Im not sure what is going to happen to this pic yet, as this is for me

it is to get me back into art after a long time away from it. My last art was for the

Tate gallery St Ives Cornwall, and Newlyn art gallery Cornwall,

this project has helped a geat deal, and i love action pictures.

Regards dave.

The overal size will be approx, 24"x21".

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I thought i would put on how much is done to the drawing, this pic is a little out of date as i have now done the flag in colour. And the ground work is finished i am on the sky colours it should be done very soon.

you will see the flag pole is not as long as the original but i am short of space on the paper, it has come out ok though. hope you like it so far.

dave.

post-7848-1270327619.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Brian Dentino

A stunning work of art! What accuracy.....you have an over flow of talent. How many hours are in this so far? Just incredible. :thumbsup:

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your comments the drawing has taken approx, 22hrs to finish, but i did it in a few hours here and there. It is sized 23"x22" so not to bad, I am going to have it done in prints as i have some military collectors who want copies for there war rooms. I had to use artistic licence as i only had a few pics to go by, the sky background isnt accurate but is ok. I hope you like it.

Dave.

post-7848-1271456819.jpg

Man, what can be said that hasn't been already??? All I can say is, my addy will follow shortly, and they you may send me my cool artwork when done. Thanks!! :twothumbup:

Hi,

For the ones of you interested in military art now i have finished my drawing of Iwo, i have started another

regarding the 101 airborne troops in Normandy. This has ten men and one holding a german flag, it will be in grey scale with the flag in colour. I then intened to put it in limited numbers for sale as with the first one, hope you like it.

Dave.

post-7848-1271624197.jpg

post-7848-1271624271.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

i thought i would update you on my drawing of the guys in Normandy, it is half way done four more men and the background, hope you like it.

dave.

post-7848-1273007939.jpg