ColtM1911

My Pre-ww1 to ww1 collection

Hi frankie, thanks for the information. My gas mask is in great condition except for the flutter valve. However, i still have the valve that went with the mask, it broke off along time ago and when i purchased the mask it was sitting on the bottom of the bag. What would be the average price for my complete mask and bag?? (everything if flexible and nothing is cracked.) Also, any idea on the stampings on the bag??

The markings on the bag are a mystery. There was a recent topic maybe a month ago in the field gear section on the markings.

Frankie G.

Check out my US World War I Site,

http://www.aef-doughboys.com

Bonjour

The disc is post WWI (1919). There is a post about it ...

post-241-1266486476.jpg

post-241-1266486774.jpg

solcarlus

Ps: :thumbsup: the equipment

Thanks for the info on the discs Solcarlus. Do you know where this thread is located on the forum, or its adress.

Guest Alaskan Scout
Hi Alaskan scout, i have never been to that museum. How is it?

If you havnt went, GO...Its an eductaion you wont soon forget..they even stink up the air so you can get the feel of what it was like...They use something that stinks like Mustard gas

EuroTrip157.jpg

EuroTrip158.jpg

EuroTrip156.jpg

EuroTrip155.jpg

EuroTrip154.jpg

EuroTrip159.jpg

EuroTrip160.jpg

WOW that museum looks great!!! Thanks for the pictures, do you have any others that display U.S. web equipment?

Guest Alaskan Scout
WOW that museum looks great!!! Thanks for the pictures, do you have any others that display U.S. web equipment?

Ill have a look...

Thanks for the info on the discs Solcarlus. Do you know where this thread is located on the forum, or its adress.

sorry, I can not find the link :blush:

regards solcarlus.

All of my mounted and dismounted rifle belts.
Nice belts. Keep up the good work.

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

Hi oddball, thanks for the comment. I try to find mint belts for my collection but it takes time. And of coarse a lot of money! :pinch:

UPDATES - new items to the collection!!!

An M1910 dismounted cartridge belt with rimless eagle snaps. It is marked Mills and dated 1913 on each of the three sections of the belt. The second photo shows the true color of the belt.

........And a thanks to Carl (trenchraider) for this very nice pre-ww1 belt!

post-9256-1271009443.jpg

UPDATES - new items to the collection!!!

An M1910 dismounted cartridge belt with rimless eagle snaps. It is marked Mills and dated 1913 on each of the three sections of the belt. The second photo shows the true color of the belt.

........And a thanka to Carl (trenchraider) for this very nice pre-ww1 belt!

post-9256-1271009620.jpg

This next new item to my collection is a R.I.A. 1916 dated wire cutter pouch.

.... And a thanks to Frankie (new romantic) for this mint pre-ww1 pouch!

post-9256-1271009878.jpg

This next new item to my collection is a R.I.A. 1916 dated wire cutter pouch.

.... And a thanks to Frankie (new romantic) for this mint pre-ww1 pouch!

Is it dated 1916? I always thought it was 1915. Maybe you can see better than me!

Frankie G.

Check out my US World War I Site,

http://www.aef-doughboys.com

Is it dated 1916? I always thought it was 1915. Maybe you can see better than me!

Ops! The lighting is not very good in my room so i took it outside and when I looked at it more closely i saw the 1915 date. Thanks Frankie for catching my mistake!

Hi colt 1911.

solcarlus - i love your M1911!!! :w00t: What year is it???

Year of manufacture: 1917. But he suffered the ravages of time :crying:

solcarlus.

The sword was my grandfathers and it is not in the best of shape. It is dress sword, mabye the M1902 but i am not shure as it was shipped to my house a few days ago by a past freind of my grandfathers. Any insight would be wonderful. Thanks, david.

Yes it is the model 1902 Officers sword. Looks like the blade is in nice shape. Very nice collection and you are off to a very good start. Keep it up.

Ron Norman

Yes it is the model 1902 Officers sword. Looks like the blade is in nice shape. Very nice collection and you are off to a very good start. Keep it up.

Ron Norman

Thanks for the information Ron, would this M1902 sabre be correct for the ww1 Mills pistol belt with the sabre hanger? or is the patton sabre more correct?

David

Hello many have asked why i collect pre-ww1/ww1 while most younger collectors are into ww2. Well this is why, my pre world war one Colt M1911, Sn. 45,xxx. It is the pride and joy of my both my early webgear and firearm collection. I know the man who's father carried it from 1916 to 1925 and am in the mitts of documenting his story.

The picture was taken a good year ago now and since then its been cleaned for the first time in about 65 years. It was taken with my old camera so the picture is not all that great, and the pistol its self is much better in person. I took it to a gunsmith and he did a full evaluation of the pistol... it has mint early wood grips and over 90 percent blueing left on the M1911, also the like "new" two tone mag. with lanyard loop came with the pistol.

I have always been captivated by the M1911 pistol (1912 - 1918) manufacture, before they made the modifications and redesignated it the M1911a1 so it kinda seemed obvious to collect eagle snap and ww1 gear to go with it. Then that got out of hand... :blink:... and thats where i am now. Hope you like it, David.

post-9256-1271378498.jpg