Where can we obtain.

Badger

Hi Guys,

can anyone out there tell me where I can purchase good quality WW2 Female Officers WAC ETO uniform, dress or field please (and no it's not for me, before some smartass says about trannies!) Here in UK we are so limited as what is available. Both of us are members of AFRA and my wife wants to portray US Female Military,ETO.

We have tried WW11 impressions,(no go) At the Front, warhorse Reproductions, Soldier of fortune.Tried Germany/Belgium sites

Also I am after a CAP GARRISON OFFICERS, Airborne Style(like the ww11 impressions one) size US 71/8 equites to UK 7 in Chocolate Elastique, insignia irrelevant. Anyone help us at all please?

Would really appreciate some leads.

Regards to all

Dave ENGLAND

Hi Guys,

can anyone out there tell me where I can purchase good quality WW2 Female Officers WAC ETO uniform, dress or field please (and no it's not for me, before some smartass says about trannies!) Here in UK we are so limited as what is available. Both of us are members of AFRA and my wife wants to portray US Female Military,ETO.

We have tried WW11 impressions,(no go) At the Front, warhorse Reproductions, Soldier of fortune.Tried Germany/Belgium sites

Also I am after a CAP GARRISON OFFICERS, Airborne Style(like the ww11 impressions one) size US 71/8 equites to UK 7 in Chocolate Elastique, insignia irrelevant. Anyone help us at all please?

Would really appreciate some leads.

Regards to all

Dave ENGLAND

Ebay....

Ebay....

Thanks, tried e-bay for last 6 weeks, they only have the ordinary style garrison caps with Airborne badge and piping NOT the "so called" AIRBORNE STYLE cap with pleat on top and "points" front and rear!

What is your wife's dress size? That makes a huge difference as to what is available to her.

-Sarah

Hi

thanks for reply, she says a UK size 16?

Dave

The so-called "Airborne style" does not have a pleat on top but the regulation rounded style does. The type favoured by Airborne troops (but not exclusively) is essentially just like a flat, rectangular envelope. The fore and aft "points" you mention are simply formed by crushing the centre of the crown when worn.

Sabrejet

The so-called "Airborne style" does not have a pleat on top but the regulation rounded style does. The type favoured by Airborne troops (but not exclusively) is essentially just like a flat, rectangular envelope. The fore and aft "points" you mention are simply formed by crushing the centre of the crown when worn.

Sabrejet

Hi

thanks for putting me right.

Anyway, apart from that info. the only ones we can get here in UK, CANNOT be made to look like "Airborne Style" as you suggest.

"wwiiimpressions" in your country MAKE one that can and they call it "AIRBORNE STYLE", HOWEVER they are out of stock of UK 7 (US 71/8) size and that is why I wanted to know if ANYONE knows if anyone else makes one in that size AND style.

The "standard" CAP Garrison Officers Chocolate Elastique I have will not do what you say to get that style! Re-enactment season starts in a couple months here, and we wanted to get it sorted.

Hi

Anyway, apart from that info. the only ones we can get here in UK, CANNOT be made to look like "Airborne Style" as you suggest.

"wwiiimpressions" in your country MAKE one that can and they call it "AIRBORNE STYLE", HOWEVER they are out of stock of UK 7 (US 71/8) size and that is why I wanted to know if ANYONE knows if anyone else makes one in that size AND style.

The "standard" CAP Garrison Officers Chocolate Elastique I have will not do what you say to get that style! Re-enactment season starts in a couple months here, and we wanted to get it sorted.

Firstly, my country is also your country too...I'm in Wales! I have an extensive collection of garrison caps..officers', mens', od, khaki, pink..all branches of service etc. The "chocolate" elastique type you refer to isn't particularly susceptible to being "peaked" by virtue of the natural spring in the fabric itself. By far the best types for doing this are the khaki cotton types and/or the regular wool OD types, as long as they are of the flat "envelope" style. I could post some pics later which would illustrate this, if you want?

Sabrejet

Hi

I do not portray Airborne, nor is my favorite branch.

Having said that, what about faking the peaks? A few stitches may simulate a little bit the peaks. I have not done this before, but I think if it is not extreme stitching, you may make it lay flat.

Or instead of permanent stitches, put inside some adjustable ties. It may not be "kosher" but you will be able to simulate the look...

Hi

been in touch over WAC uniform etc and looking promising, thanks for the lead, much appreciated!

Dave

Sure, no problem. I've just boughten some insignia from Kevin, seems like a pleasent person to deal with. I sent him cash, which is never advisable, everything turned out okay, I'll be going back.

Pat

Firstly, my country is also your country too...I'm in Wales! I have an extensive collection of garrison caps..officers', mens', od, khaki, pink..all branches of service etc. The "chocolate" elastique type you refer to isn't particularly susceptible to being "peaked" by virtue of the natural spring in the fabric itself. By far the best types for doing this are the khaki cotton types and/or the regular wool OD types, as long as they are of the flat "envelope" style. I could post some pics later which would illustrate this, if you want?

Sabrejet

Hi

why thanks,sorry I did not notice where you came, that would be very kind of you about the piics.look forward to it.

Dave ( Named after patron Saint of Wales, mother is Welsh!)

I do not portray Airborne, nor is my favorite branch.

Having said that, what about faking the peaks? A few stitches may simulate a little bit the peaks. I have not done this before, but I think if it is not extreme stitching, you may make it lay flat.

Or instead of permanent stitches, put inside some adjustable ties. It may not be "kosher" but you will be able to simulate the look...

Thanks.

Sure, no problem. I've just boughten some insignia from Kevin, seems like a pleasent person to deal with. I sent him cash, which is never advisable, everything turned out okay, I'll be going back.

Pat

Thanks for that, always nice to know when someone else has has good service (or bad!)

Awaiting e-mail from them as how to order and pay for WAC gear?? Has all she wants on there apart from Officer jacket but found another site that might just do that!

No link active to order or pay on site? Strange!

Dave

Hello Badger. The following photos will hopefully illustrate my point. If you want to "peak" your garrison cap it'll definitely need to be the square envelope type..either in OD or cotton khaki. The standard pleated crown type won't do it. Hope this helps?

post-8022-1266342354.jpg post-8022-1266342368.jpg

Ian

Here's a regulation officers' elastique garrison cap. Rounded, pleated crowns can't be "peaked".

post-8022-1266342554.jpg post-8022-1266342564.jpg

Ian

Hi Ian,

great caps and pics,many thanks for taking the time/trouble.

This is a pic of the hat that is made like what you portay in your pics and what I am after! Officer version with black/gold obviously!

davepost-3906-1266346933.jpg

Remember...you'll need an officers' cap patch too...a mirror-image of the enlisted one in your photo. OD caps with black/gold officer piping are harder to find..they were worn with the Ike uniform..I have some originals but don't know of anyone who does repros, though you might google-up EPIC MILITARIA? Also, if you wear a "chocolate" blouse, as an alternative a "pink" garrison cap would look very spiffy! Good luck.

Ian :thumbsup: