Movie coming out in 2011 About FSSF Aboriginal War Hero Tommy Prince

Mk1rceme

Not sure if Americans would bat an eye about this upcoming movie since it is a Canadian production, but Tommy was a famed member of the First Special Service Force, a legacy both our countries share.

The movie will star Adam Beach who also played the main character opposite Nicholas Cage in Windtalkers and also played Ira Hayes in Flags of our Fathers.

Myself, I am very excited about this movie, I hope it is a blockbuster.

Some info about prince and the movie coming up:

CBC news release on Tommy Prince movie

APTN

Historica Minutes

Veteran Affairs Info: Tommy Prince

That sounds like a great movie.Tommy was an absolute legend in the Force.His feats in Italy are virtually unkown to many and if he had been An American I bet he would have been awarded the MoH.He was fairly well decorated by Canada if I recall correctly.

RON

Does that mean the "Force" will be represented in a positive light? The stupid Devil's Brigade movie from 1968 did absolutely nothing to promote the FSSF as a highly trained force; rather as a bunch of fat, lazy, stupid, drunken, undisciplined bunch of misfits that were conned or coerced into becoming a special unit. It's about time there was a movie that turned this around. Personally I can't wait for this movie.

Can you imagine how this was pitched to the actor? “I swear man, this war movie WON’T suck and you’ll be portrayed as a hero, I swear!” It’ll be neat to see the FSSF portrayed well. The Canadians usually do a good job with historical films.