Some Recent USMC Finds

kklinejr

I haven't posted some new finds in quite a long time (I've been buried in Vietnam era helmets, almost literally), so I figured I'd post these items. The first is a grouping from S/Sgt Elmer Steves, H&S Co., 28th Marines, 5th Mar Div. Present at Iwo Jima, Steves' lot consists of his two Spearhead magazines, a civilian distinguished service certifacte, and a photo that the seller simply said, "was signed." When the items arrived, the photograph was signed by Major General Keller E. Rockey, commanding general of the 5th MARDIV at Iwo. The Spearhead magazines are written throughout, id'ing places, men, dogs- just about everything. I was very pleased to get them at a decent price.

The second find comes from a garage sale I hit this morning. For $3.00 I picked up a nice H&H marked officers EGA and cap from WWII.

I'll post some more USMC at a later time (picked up some nice P1917/26 and P1922/26 greens and some vintage dress blues).

Thanks!

Ken

post-99-1182962844.jpg

post-99-1182962867.jpg

post-99-1182962879.jpg

I forgot to include a photo of the Suribachi reverse... an official photo that seems to have been corrected (Block for Hanson) by MG Rockey himself.

post-99-1182963658.jpg

CNY Militaria

We haven't seen yor finds for a long time now, Thanks for showing! The signed photo was a real bonus I bet! Any new uniforms?

Justin, I've added quite a few uniforms to the collection in the past six months..maybe 40 or 50? My focus recently has been trying to catalog the group of helmets I told you about at the Mattydale show. Uniform wise, 've picked up some nice 1914-1928 era Marine coats- P1912 blues, , P1917 greens, P1917 blues, P1922 blues, and several P1917/26 and P1922/26 greens with roll collars (had to add a new rack). I have a around 10 more army uniforms still "on tap" just waiting to be cleaned and catalogued. I'll post them when they're good to go. Until then, I included a photo of an m1907 from the Minnesota National Guard I picked up two weeks ago, not as nice as your m1907 (whenever you want to sell, give me a call :) ), but they're so darn tough to find, beggars can't be choosers.

Ken

PS- helmets now take up a lot of room in the collection.

post-99-1182969437.jpg

post-99-1182969538.jpg

post-99-1182969626.jpg

CNY Militaria
Justin, I've added quite a few uniforms to the collection in the past six months..maybe 40 or 50? My focus recently has been trying to catalog the group of helmets I told you about at the Mattydale show. Uniform wise, 've picked up some nice 1914-1928 era Marine coats- P1912 blues, , P1917 greens, P1917 blues, P1922 blues, and several P1917/26 and P1922/26 greens with roll collars (had to add a new rack). I have a around 10 more army uniforms still "on tap" just waiting to be cleaned and catalogued. I'll post them when they're good to go. Until then, I included a photo of an m1907 from the Minnesota National Guard I picked up two weeks ago, not as nice as your m1907 (whenever you want to sell, give me a call :) ), but they're so darn tough to find, beggars can't be choosers.

Ken

PS- helmets now take up a lot of room in the collection.

Cool! I am looking forward to seeing those finds! I am so tempted to sell the 1907 coat and hat I have because I have bought so many general officer items in the past few days, but I will never find another like it unfortunately.

Justin