Hart's War

1944WC52

I really liked this movie. Well acted and thought provoking. I especially enjoy the German POW camp movies and this one did not disappoint IMHO

Brent

I tried to like it but just keep falling asleep!!! sorry to say I thought it was abit boring IMO! It was no Von ryans express or Bridge on the River Kwai!!!! Guss i like the classics!!!! :rolleyes:

General Apathy

post-344-1266272915.jpg

I really liked this movie. Well acted and thought provoking. I especially enjoy the German POW camp movies and this one did not disappoint IMHO

Brent

Hi Brent, A little information for you regarding ' Hart's War ', initially I supplied to the production company two original M-41 jackets for Bruce Willis to wear, and I was instructed to post to California for him to try for size.

All was well they fitted perfectly and I heard back that the buyer of the costume department was very happy with the jackets.

However at the beginning of filming in Prague during winter the M-41 jackets were dropped in favour of the warmer winter combat ( tankers ) jacket, and during the outdoor scenes Mr Willis also wore an officers doeskin overcoat.

Attached is a copy of the return invoice with check attached, photos of the two jackets I supplied, and a wristband

for a party Mr Willis financed for the cast and crew of the film. All food and drink was paid for courtesy of Mr Willis, he also had his own band there with which he sang and played harmonics very professionally. :thumbsup:

During the evening I was with the costume department buyers when he came over to pass some conversation with the buyer, again he was very charming and no signs of big star syndrome being portrayed. :lol:

Cheers Lewis

General Apathy

post-344-1266273270.jpg

Hi Brent, the previous photo was too large for the limited size of posting, so here's a close up of the invoice top as you can see naming Bruce Willis.

Cheers Lewis

General Apathy

post-344-1266273534.jpg

Hi Brent, a couple of photo's of the camp compound, all cast and crew are instructed not to include any unposed photo's of Mr Willis in any of their photo's.

Cheers Lewis

Hi Lewis

VERY COOL! What a great story! I heard Bruce Willis is a really nice guy. Always good to his fans. Thanks for sharing this and the great photos!

Brent

post-344-1266278426.jpg

Hi Brent, a couple more photo's.

Cheers Lewis

• 2 years later...

Ken, I realise this is an old thread; however the items you posted make for interesting viewing regarding this underappreciated film.

RC

Corpsmancollector

Wow, how amazing Ken! I always love reading your stories. Thanks for taking the time to post. This is a great film and I agree with rusty; under appreciated. Some really great sets and uniforms, just a really enjoyable winter war film!

Will

When I first saw the film I felt it was a notch above the standard-fare WWII film, it remains a favorite.

Without giving away much of plot for those that haven't yet viewed it, it did an excellent job of bringing a great cast together and allowing for an interesting plot at the same time. I don't know how it could be considered "boring", the tenseness of the "courts martial" when Lt Hart makes a startling statement is certainly engaging.

The ending is memorable.

RC

• 4 weeks later...

It was a good film and part of it was based on a true incendent. You must remember that it is hollywood and they always do things their way. It's entertaining for sure.

• 5 months later...
CHASEUSA11B

I've only seen this movie once and I don't remember liking it at all. I'll watch it again to see if it is any better the second time around.