WWI ammo pouch

S1991

Hi all,

Yesterday a nice package arrived with this pouch in it. Now my question is what kind of pouch is it and how much would it be worth?

There is a stamp inside but it has faded and can't make out what it says. Hope you guys can help me.

I was thinking on a WWI Revolver ammo pouch for the half moon clips, but I think I am looking at the wrong side.

Who can help me out?

ww1pouch.jpg

ww1pouch1.jpg

ww1pouch2.jpg

ww1pouch3.jpg

Thanks for the help !

Photo from my collection of a doughboy with pistol belt, M1917 revolver in holster, and the revolver ammunition pocket. The inscription on the back says "we will go to Soveit Russia..."

post-599-1265816729.jpg

Thanks for the info New Romantic.

I also have a same holster, only it is dated 1942. :)

Your holster is an M2 (made only in 1942 as right hand version of the old M1909) so the ammo pouch and the holster go well with an early WWII M1936 pistol belt with brass buckle.

Looks like the maker is R.H. LONG and dated 11-18.

Tim

I have three of them, one of each holster made for the M1917, and all made by LONG. Damn if I was able to find another maker like Gregory.

post-67-1265830562.jpg

Hi all,

Yesterday a nice package arrived with this pouch in it. Now my question is what kind of pouch is it and how much would it be worth?

Silvano,

Let me get this straight. :think: You bought this pouch without knowing what it was and how much this item is worth? Unless you bought it from somebody that didn't know what they had, these go anywhere from $50-$150, depending on condition. Are you for real? How much did you pay for it?

Silvano,

Let me get this straight. :think: You bought this pouch without knowing what it was and how much this item is worth? Unless you bought it from somebody that didn't know what they had, these go anywhere from $50-$150, depending on condition. Are you for real? How much did you pay for it?

Well it was in a WWI-WWII grouping lot. After I won that M-1917 101st IR marked helmet the seller contacted me if I was interested in a 26th Infantry Division WWI tunic and I said okay. He sended some photo's of the grouping and some nice items where in it. After we agreed on a totall price of 220 USD with shipping.

Hope to maked it clear for you. If you want to I can post a picture of the totall group.

What do you think about this pouch? How much would it be worth after you have seen the condition of it, it is near mint only downside is that the stamps have faded. But still readable.

If I get it straight it would be worth more then $75?

Thanks

Silvano,

Now it makes sense. It's a nice one, even though markings are somewhat faded. I think it's worth easily $75.

Regards,

Okay thanks for the info ! The holster how much would that be worth? Around $100 +?

Thanks

Okay thanks for the info ! The holster how much would that be worth? Around $100 +?

Thanks

Holster value depending strongly on conditions. A real nice Fink or Textan M2 cans easily reach 120-150$. An honest used and not abused about 70-80

Holster value depending strongly on conditions. A real nice Fink or Textan M2 cans easily reach 120-150$. An honest used and not abused about 70-80

Artu,

Thank you. Here are some photo's of the holster it is marked XTAN 942 so I would guess it is TEXTAN 1942.

I also have a question about this haversack it is complete and a M-1910 model. It is ID'ed to a Driscoll and if I am correct the markings on the meatcan pouch indicates he was with the 36th Infantry Regiment, D Company. But is it in WWI or in WWII or 1930's? And how much would it be worth, about $100 USD if I look at eBay on sold auctions which had no ID to a unit or name and no meatcan pouch.

Thanks for the help!

Holster is marked Textan 1942 only words you can read are XTAN:

pistolholster1.jpg

pistolholster2.jpg

Haversack:

haversack1.jpg

haversack2.jpg

haversack3.jpg

Well Silvano, the pack carrier is for sure from WWI era seeing crossed rifle stenciled as per Infantry. Being OD I'd say brfore 1918.

The holster is a good used but abused in making holes in the loop to accomodate the M1910 hook (a low hanging holster is cooler). Moreover there is another hole made by the nail used to fix it to the wall. I'd say no more than 60-70

Well Silvano, the pack carrier is for sure from WWI era seeing crossed rifle stenciled as per Infantry. Being OD I'd say brfore 1918.

The holster is a good used but abused in making holes in the loop to accomodate the M1910 hook (a low hanging holster is cooler). Moreover there is another hole made by the nail used to fix it to the wall. I'd say no more than 60-70

Thanks Artu,

Works good enough for me. Thanks for the information.

The dates say 1918 mfg. but how much would it be worth? I know nothing about WWI so forgive me.

I was spoking about the pack carrier, which is the triangular piece fastened to the bottom of the haversack via a leather strap. A thumb rule says: golden khaki means 1918 and olive drab 1917 or before. Too bad these items dont worth so much 20-40$ depending on conditions. There are plentiful of them around.

I strongly suggest you a trip in the reference section where you can see a lot of pics and a lot of things useful to start a collection.

BTW Why that latin nickname? My daddy first name was just Silvano.