U.S. Model 45-A Rifle

I recently found a photograph of "...an experimental .30in calibre Model 45-A rifle fitted with a telescopic sight......" in the book, The Sniper at War, by Michael E. Haskew. As you can see from the photo the rifle is equipped with a vertical grip and is probably fed from a BAR magazine. The photo was supposedly taken during the liberation of Manila, Philippines. Can anybody shed any light on this rifle?

post-9906-0-91959100-1434414729.jpg

There was an article recently in the Small Arms Review on this weapon. That issue is sitting in a large stack of periodicals on the table next to my bed waiting to be read. If I can dig it out I will let you know what it says. I seem to recall that the rifle was a prototype/experimental and never went beyond the testing stage.

Regards,

Charlie Flick

There was an article recently in the Small Arms Review on this weapon. That issue is sitting in a large stack of periodicals on the table next to my bed waiting to be read. If I can dig it out I will let you know what it says. I seem to recall that the rifle was a prototype/experimental and never went beyond the testing stage.

Regards,

Charlie Flick

Thanks Charlie, that would be a great help!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.