Help IDing a Vietnam era patch ID: Murray State University ROTC KY

Garth Thompson

Garth Thompson

Need some help IDing this patch. I believe it is some sort of 60's vintage possibly SF related patch. It has been on a uniform.

Thanks,

Garth

post-83-1182821531.jpg

post-83-1182821548.jpg

Need some help IDing this patch. I believe it is some sort of 60's vintage possibly SF related patch. It has been on a uniform.

Thanks,

Garth

Early 1st Pscy OPS? think.gif

Being that it's US-made, I'm thinking ROTC. They tend to come up with some cool looking patches for their various little "units."

Being that it has a bayonet, rather than a dagger, I don't think it's SF/Spec Ops related. Makes be think of the Aussie WW1 era "Mounted Infantry."

Kurt

vintageproductions

It does look very ROTC. You may want to send this into ASMIC via the webmaster. Since fellow USMF member Paul Conrad has taken over the handling of the site for ASMIC, things are getting posted a lot faster. If you haven't looked in a while at the site Paul has really made some changes there. I know there are a few ASMIC members who know the ROTC patches inside and out.

It does look very ROTC. You may want to send this into ASMIC via the webmaster. Since fellow USMF member Paul Conrad has taken over the handling of the site for ASMIC, things are getting posted a lot faster. If you haven't looked in a while at the site Paul has really made some changes there. I know there are a few ASMIC members who know the ROTC patches inside and out.

I'm glad to hear that about ASMIC! I asked once or twice a month for the two years of my last and final membership subscription to have one lousy patch entered in the "Can You ID" section with no results. It convinced me that that Association didn't have it's membership's interest at heart. Glad to hear Paul is doing something with it now!

Gary

Thanks guys!

I'm am trying! I am going to add the formal "Can you ID" section very soon, on the members side of the site, but currently I forward the requests, the day I get them, to the proper expert! Also, please check out the site and tell me what you think!

Paul

• 13 years later...

Doing this from memory but I think it is ROTC from the central Missouri area. Somewhere around Sedalia.

Murray State University ROTC in Murray, Kentucky.  Worn by the ROTC Ranger Company.

ASMIC published this in the Senior ROTC series beginning in the April-June 1984 Trading Post.

• 9 months later...