Major General Robert J. Dacey Uniform and Paperwork

CNY Militaria

CNY Militaria

Here is what arrived in the mail today. The unifom is from the late 1980's and named to the General on the inside. The buttons down the center are essayons buttons. It also came with various paperwork and a few photos. There is little information on the internet, so I sent off to NARA for his paperwork and hopefully a photo in uniform. I don't know why the photo of Arnold Palmer and Sen. Lassiter is there, but I asked the seller if it was related in any way. This makes me halfway to completing my GO collection! Any additonal info on him is appreciated thumbsup.gif .

Thanks!
Justin

i_040.jpg

i_030.jpg

i_034.jpg

CNY Militaria

Thanks guys. Dacey was a BG in 1985 when the photo was taken, and became MG in '86. I believe he retired that year as well. Unfortunately the jakcet is missing the unit citations and a device above the ribbons. Hopefully info from NARA will clear up what is missing.

Could it be a ribbon that is missing. A DSM would make sense. I know some people would say it would have been on the ribbon bar below since there are only 2 ribbons on it, but he could have worn it by itself on top.

Keep up the good work. You will have a " 4Star" collection soon!

Kurt

CNY Militaria

I don't think it was a ribbon, its a wider area between the pinholes, perhaps a CIB, although I don't know if he was ever in the infantry. I will keep the thread updated when I receive more info.

Thanks!

Justin

I don't think it was a ribbon, its a wider area between the pinholes, perhaps a CIB, although I don't know if he was ever in the infantry. I will keep the thread updated when I receive more info.

Thanks!

Justin

Well, I don't see any sign of a set of wings above the ribbons in his pic. I suspect it was for a DSM. He had 2 unit commendations on the right side and probably the Engineer Corps DI too.

I put a request in at NARA for his photo -- should have a response in a couple of weeks. I don't think NARA is the place to go for his service bio. Try the Center for Military History in DC -- (Ft. McNair?) They used to have them at the Army War Collecg, but they moved them a couple of years ago.

G

CNY Militaria

Here is a photo of him in what looks to be the same uniform. He wrote his rank as COL on the tag, so its possible.

Dacey1.JPG