M1 Medic helmets in wear

ccmax

Many Medics, ETO, WWII...the sheer numbers almost blind you!!! :blink:

Wow Pat, I've seen a few group shots of medics before but, this one really causes your eyes to spin. :wacko:

Many Medics, ETO, WWII...the sheer numbers almost blind you!!! :blink:

post-3673-1335032916.jpg

Wow! There's almost two years of college tuition in that photo! :) Great shots, thanks for posting them!

• 2 weeks later...
Laurent M.

Great thread with lots of great pictures guys.

This is one I have got in my collection with some very nice lids also. Some medics, one chaplain and one MP (at least) of the 104th infantry division in Germany in 1945 after a direct hit on the headquaters of the division. I will post some closer shots of interesting helmets right after this one.

post-8590-1337114242.jpg

Laurent M.

One of the medic lids with laundry number on the top of the helmet (not exactly a laundry number in this case but partial asn for a quick identification).

post-8590-1337114531.jpg

Laurent M.

And the chaplain with a really big catholic cross on the front of his helmet and red crosses on the sides.

post-8590-1337114757.jpg

• 1 month later...
skytrainjumper
One of the medic lids with laundry number on the top of the helmet (not exactly a laundry number in this case but partial asn for a quick identification).

I guess these are identical to the medical ID card - and medic brassard numbers, to idetify the bearer as a non combatant after Geneva Convention.

Just my two cents.

skytrainjumper

Here is one of my favorites:

It shows T/4 Raymond M Leopold, Waterbury, CT

Have a look at the two different styles of red cross markings...

RaymondMLeopold28thID19442a.jpg

I guess these are identical to the medical ID card - and medic brassard numbers, to idetify the bearer as a non combatant after Geneva Convention.

Just my two cents.

You are correct, this is a Geneva Convention Non-Combatant number

Had this one in the files for a long time and never thought to post it here until I pulled it out for another thread. It's a shot of an Army medic in North Africa. This was taken very early in the war near the Kasserine Pass. This appears to be an early marking to designate a medic before the later widespread use of the white roundels and Geneva red cross.

post_771_1276280049.jpg

• 5 months later...

This picture shows medics of the 121st infantry reg 8th inf div during the Hurtgen Forest campaign. My great uncle is the shorter medic in foreground. The pic is in a scrap book my grandmother kept. Source says wirephoto-UP from signal corps - is there a resource to go to to find a copy of the photo?

post-967-0-21062000-1353678090_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another one from my collection and one of my Favourites, 1945 Army press photograph of an unidentified First Army Medic treating a wounded Bazookaman.

post-7499-0-93311300-1359751425.jpg

Last one from my collection for the time being but this one takes pride of place for me. Another signal corps photo and stamped secret on the reverse showing 1st BN 85th mountain infantry 10th infantry division medics at rest in Feb 1945. Check out the different helmet markings in such a small group.

All My Posts tonight edited for layout only.

post-7499-0-63007000-1359751592.jpg