CCU Desert Uniform ?

easystreet

Gents,

Just picked up a couple of unusual uniforms. They are the DCU desert pattern camo in a lightweight rip-stop, but they are cut like the modern Army ACUs. Unfortunately, I am in the process of moving right now, so I can't post any pics. Hopefully sometime next week, maybe

The tags in the shirts say

CLOSE COMBAT UNIFORM (CCU)

SIZE MEDIUM - REGULAR

HEIGHT 67 TO 71 IN.

CHEST 37 TO 41 IN.

SPO100-03-D-0351

The care tag at the bottom says they are made by: AMERICAN POWER SOURCE, INC.

For insignia, they have sewn on desert tan US Army and name taps, with brown lettering. Centered above the name tap on the right breast is a sewn SSGT patch, a slightly different color of desert tan with the chevrons embroidered in black.

The trousers are also DCU camo pattern but cut just like the ACU trousers.

The tags in the trousers say:

SIZE: LARGE - REGULAR

INSEAM: 29 1/2 TO 32 1/2 IN.

WAIST: 35 TO 39 IN.

SPO100-03-D-0351

The care tags also list the manufacturer as: AMERICAN POWER SOURCE, INC.

The uniforms show slight fading from laundering, but are in over all excellent shape. I got a couple of regular DCU uniforms that all came from the same guy. The DCU uniforms have the desert brown subdued version of the 2nd ID "Indian Head" patch on the left sleeve and the full color US Flag patch on the right sleeve.

What the heck are they ? And what are they worth ?

Like I said, I will try to post pics of them, but it will probably be sometime next week before I can.

Rich Mason

You got the Gold :thumbsup: CCU and CU uniforms are really Rare and hard to find

Price average $140~250 but will be higher then today. :lol:

Gents,

Just picked up a couple of unusual uniforms. They are the DCU desert pattern camo in a lightweight rip-stop, but they are cut like the modern Army ACUs. Unfortunately, I am in the process of moving right now, so I can't post any pics. Hopefully sometime next week, maybe

The tags in the shirts say

SIZE MEDIUM - REGULAR

HEIGHT 67 TO 71 IN.

CHEST 37 TO 41 IN.

SPO100-03-D-0351

The care tag at the bottom says they are made by: AMERICAN POWER SOURCE, INC.

For insignia, they have sewn on desert tan US Army and name taps, with brown lettering. Centered above the name tap on the right breast is a sewn SSGT patch, a slightly different color of desert tan with the chevrons embroidered in black.

The trousers are also DCU camo pattern but cut just like the ACU trousers.

The tags in the trousers say:

SIZE: LARGE - REGULAR

INSEAM: 29 1/2 TO 32 1/2 IN.

WAIST: 35 TO 39 IN.

SPO100-03-D-0351

The care tags also list the manufacturer as: AMERICAN POWER SOURCE, INC.

The uniforms show slight fading from laundering, but are in over all excellent shape. I got a couple of regular DCU uniforms that all came from the same guy. The DCU uniforms have the desert brown subdued version of the 2nd ID "Indian Head" patch on the left sleeve and the full color US Flag patch on the right sleeve.

What the heck are they ? And what are they worth ?

Like I said, I will try to post pics of them, but it will probably be sometime next week before I can.

Rich Mason

Yes, it's well a Close Combat Uniform (CCU), worn in 2003 by the 2nd Infantry Division. As you know, there's two different contract : one of 2003 and second one of 2004. The first contract was only worn by 2nd Infantry Division and the 2004 contract was worn by 25th Infantry Division. There's some difference between the two contract (see others topics about the CCU).

Here's the list of all units that worn the CCU in Iraq :

2nd%20ID.jpg

25%20ID.jpg

(I'm completely sure that the troops underlined have worn the CCU in Iraq, for others troops, need some more informations).It's a part of my article about the Close Combat Uniform showing all units I listed that worn the CCU in Iraq and USA during 2003 and 2004. My article is based upon some pictures (I find around 350 pictures of soldiers wearing the CCU in Iraq) and articles. I also find two others pictures with soldiers wearing others insignias than 2nd ID and 25th ID. By example :

The first picture show a soldier from the 89th Regional Readiness Command :

CCU%20-%2089th%20IR.jpg

The others pictures are particular...they show the General Sanchez himself wearing the CCU !!! As you can see, he worn the V Corps patch and not the 2nd or 25th ID patches.

13general-600.jpg (Visiting troops in Iraq)

LTG_Sanchez_and_Broughton.jpg

5soldiers2919.jpg (ceremony in Germany)

salute2887.jpg

sanchez2917.jpg

crowd2846.jpg

That the only two soldiers I find that worn others patches than 2nd and 25th Infantry Division Patches !!!

You can find some others pictures I found at this link : http://picasaweb.google.com/militariabelgi...CUEXPERIMENTAL#

If you have others pictures, please send them to me to add in my website ! Thanks for comprehension.

ps : my article is in French (my mother tongue), so if someone speak french and search some informations about the CCU, I can send my article to him. Just send me an email at [email protected]. It's free and complete !

Thanks for the great information, P-E.! I had always expected units other than the 2nd ID and 25th ID had worn the CCU and CU. You have given us the photographic evidence! :thumbsup:

Arch

I wouldn't be so hot about General Sanchez wearing the CCU as it being an issued item to him. Generals can pretty much wear what they want. A general can wear a bathrobe with his stars on it, as a uniform, who is gonna say anything to him that its wrong!??!

Officers get a stipend to buy uniforms, the higher the rank the bigger the stipend.

Yes sure general can worn everything they will. But it's particular to see one General 4 stars (the bigger rank that lead the OIF !) with the CCU. I did research of around 4-5 years about the CCU to find some informations and pictures. I can show you hundreds and hundreds pictures with enlisted, warrant officers and officers wearing it, but it's the only one pictures I found with a general !

Wow, thanks for the REALLY detailed reply. Since I got other uniforms from the same guy that have the 2nd ID patch, then that definitely helps identify they were issued to a soldier in the 2nd ID.

Wow, I thought it might be something like that, but wasn't sure.

I'll try to post pics when I get back next week.

Rich M

I worked training Stryker units when they stood up several years ago at Fort Lewis, Alaska, Hawaii and Pennsylvania. I noticed that folks here are referring to Stryker units as part of the 2nd and 25th Division. But most were independent of the Division whose patch they wore as they were initially controlled by an I Corps Stryker office and later Forces Command (FORSCOM). Generally they went by XXth Stryker Brigade Combat Team (SBCT), XXnd Infantry Division.

• 10 years later...
Cap Camouflage Pattern I

DF-SD-07-20591.jpeg.bded75d5d2afe29b4bb6c5952cb6d8cc.jpeg

Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld addresses soldiers of the 1st Bde 25th ID in Mosul Iraq, 24 December 2004. DOD Photo by MSGT James M. Bowman

On the right we see I Corps CCU

• 2 weeks later...

I served in Mosul Iraq in 2004.  The only Soldier I saw wearing the CCU who was not part of 3-2 SBCT was BG Carter Ham.  He is in the photo posted above right above Rumsfeld.  He's wearing a First Corps patch with a Ranger tab over it.  First Corps supplied the troops for Task Force Olympia that was the HQ for northern Iraq.  This photo was taken right before the 11th ACR replaced Task Force Olympia.  He retired a four star general and I found him to be a good, common sense leader.