F-86 saberjet Photo

R Michael

hey all I thought I would post this shot I picked up with with two others photos for $5.00. I noticed this bird has "flight test" and what appears to be the logo for testing unit. Wonder what you all think of it. Is it an early F-86 or just one they are trying out differnet modifications? I noticed the one in the background has a different emblem that I cant make out so my guess it is not an early Saberjet.

Mike

post-1387-1265337866.jpg

It was F-86A-5-NA 48-170, assigned to 3077th Experimental Group, Edwards AFB, Calif. One reported crashlanding near Uwalde, Texas, June 9, 1950 (link here). The surrounding aircraft and scenery in the picture gives the appearance of this being a static display (maybe at one of the Edwards gates).

thanks for the information and link! this came in a 3 photo grouping consisting of a P-51 snap, this one and one of 2 officers that i posted in the officer poto thread.

Mike

It was F-86A-5-NA 48-170, assigned to 3077th Experimental Group, Edwards AFB, Calif. One reported crashlanding near Uwalde, Texas, June 9, 1950 (link here). The surrounding aircraft and scenery in the picture gives the appearance of this being a static display (maybe at one of the Edwards gates).