Americal PH KIA Feb 4 1943

scottplen

In honor of this date 67 years ago !

Pvt. Joseph J Pluchinski was Killed on guadalcanal Island as a member of Co.F 132nd IR Americal Div.

also awarded BS with V device .Anyone Know the GO # for this bs so i can get a copy?????

post-620-1265316242.jpg

post-620-1265316251.jpg

:thumbsup: Nice PH !

Check Brandon Weigand's publication (I would guess he has one for the Americal Division !?!) to see if his BS is listed there...hopefully it should give you the G.O. so you can research it.

Vic

In honor of this date 67 years ago !

Pvt. Joseph J Pluchinski was Killed on guadalcanal Island as a member of Co.F 132nd IR Americal Div.

also awarded BS with V device .Anyone Know the GO # for this bs so i can get a copy???

Scott,

If he was KIA in 1943 and the Bronze Star was authorized in 1944, how could that be?

He would be entitled to the Bronze Star because of being awarded the CIB, he would not

have been authorized the "V" nor would there be a GO for that.

Bill

on paper work from st louis states BS with V ? nothing about a CIB unless it was retro?

Maybe a error on st louis researcher ? I thought if i could find a GO to confirm

:think:

on paper work from st louis states BS with V ? nothing about a CIB unless it was retro?

Maybe a error on st louis researcher ? I thought if i could find a GO to confirm

:think:

I saw the Bronze Star on the WWII Memorial site, if your research came directly from NPRC they have been known to make

errors.

Bill

When was the V instituted? was it same time as BS ?There is no CIB listed in his awards so I don't think its a CIB conversion award but not an expert!

I alway thought the V were more for USN and USMC ?Most of the army valor groups i have seen with a BS never seem to have a V device on them,

I am guessing you are right a error on NPRC person

• 10 years later...

I wanted to bring this posting up as i am looking for this medal. It sold on the forum years ago sometime after this posting. If anyone owns or knows someone who has it and has any interest in selling please let me know. I have a KIA purple heart to a SGT in F company as well killed the same day 2/4/1943 and would love to see if i can acquire this medal to have them together since they were in the same unit. The Americal Div didn't have many casualties on Guadalcanal so you could imagine my surprise when i found this posting. Any help is appreciated .Thanks.