Storing Bayonets

shocktrooper15

shocktrooper15

Hey guys,

Will there be any problems if I store my WWII M1 Garand bayonet in its sheath like rust or corrosion?

Thanks

I treat my bayonets with the same loving affection as firearms. I wipe all bayonet metal parts with Rem-oil and keep in the safe which has a goldenrod dehumidifier. Also, don't forget the metal on the scabbards. Right or wrong, it works for me.

I treat my bayonets with the same loving affection as firearms. I wipe all bayonet metal parts with Rem-oil and keep in the safe which has a goldenrod dehumidifier. Also, don't forget the metal on the scabbards. Right or wrong, it works for me.
I've also used Rem-Oil for years now. No issues yet.

I've also used Rem-Oil for years now. No issues yet.

I agree and I have also used Rem-Oil for many years. I have also used Singer Sewing Machine Oil in the past with absolutly no problems from either.

Lucky 7th Armored

Will the oil do anything to any of the park on the bayonet? Mine still has lots of green on it??

Thanks,

Haydn

Will the oil do anything to any of the park on the bayonet? Mine still has lots of green on it??

Thanks,

Haydn

No issues there either. It will appear a darker green gray with the application of the oil, but that goes away.

Hey Gang! I use LSA w/ my good old shaving brush. Haven't had one rust yet. The LSA holds up, for quite a while. Also good on the scabbard throat. SKIP