Video of our weekend with an M-3 Stuart

Mr-X

This is a short video taken during our weekend photo-shoot with a friend's M-3 Stuart Light Tank.

The photo-shoot was for my next article in WW2 Re-enactors Magazine.

A fellow forum member took the vid with his small digital camera and then mixed it to look old.

We took over 300 pics and they look fantastic.

I hope you like the video.

cool video! must have been some fun to play with a real tank. I was surprised how much the Stuart, for such a little turd of a tank, sounded like something much bigger engine-wise.

thanks for posting! :thumbsup:

Terry

ww2reproductions

It was a fantastic photo shoot.

We used just a few extra props like rations, cups and a 1943 womans weekly magazine and this worked a treat.

Rule of thumb keep it simple and not to much clutter.

Being a former tanker I felt at home in that machine.....The noise and that gasoline smell....mind you I was a lot thinner back then and I am sure the hatches must have shrunk over the years!

As we all know metal parts do?

So apart from the photo shoot I guess I am now in the movie making business.

Hopefully the next one I will have a $20million budget?

What you may not know is one of the crewman is a woman and her pink fingernails held up very well. She is now qualified on light tanks and I will be filling out her WW2 drivers licence in time for our next event.

The video was taken with a Nikon "Coolpix L15" camera and the video was put together using standard windows movie makes (vista version) it took about 1 hour all up.

Leo

post-5828-1265358948.jpg

Had a ride in one back in 2005 at Beltring War&Peace. The darn thing ate one of my contact lenses while crawling into assistant driver position.

Cool video though, Thanks for posting. I love the look of the M3 light tank.

Nice job! :thumbsup: I Noticed on the video you said it was for a photo shoot for WW2 re-enactors magazine? When's it coming out? I write and do cartoons for them myself, but never heard what else is going into the magazine until my issue shows up...

Nice job! :thumbsup: I Noticed on the video you said it was for a photo shoot for WW2 re-enactors magazine? When's it coming out? I write and do cartoons for them myself, but never heard what else is going into the magazine until my issue shows up...

Hey Lee,

the article that this photos shoot belongs to will be published in issue 5.

The very latest issue (#4) has part two of my series on Re-enacting the Australian Army in WW2.

Leigh

ww2reproductions

I used the windows movie maker, the aging filters are part of it and the secret is not to go overboard on the aging process.

I used grey scale and the first aging setting.

If you follow the help guide its easy, just practice.

Leo