Cold war USN anti-blackout suits

Bebel

Hi Cricket,

The topic was "USAF/USN Korean Era Anti-Exposure Suit" in the Uniforms section and appeared on 11/8/09. Topic starter was tmackie. Post #12, by CROC, had the manual photos showing the black hose. Hope this helps. Regards, Paul

Thanks Paul.

Franck I don't have the suit in my possession as of yet. It's a size large short. I'm also getting another type z-3 that has the detachable type pressure hose just like the MK IIA pants?? I didn't realize a Z-3 was made with the removable type hose, I thought all Z-3's had the fixed hose...

Thanks Paul.

Franck I don't have the suit in my possession as of yet. It's a size large short. I'm also getting another type z-3 that has the detachable type pressure hose just like the MK IIA pants?? I didn't realize a Z-3 was made with the removable type hose, I thought all Z-3's had the fixed hose...

Cricket,

Me too! I am curious to see a such Z3.

Franck

Hi,

In the 1959 Manual all the hose worn with anti exposure suits are black covered.

About Z3, a modified Z3 (enclosed) with removable hose like the one used after with Z4 was developped for use with full pressure suit in late 50s

post-1289-1266244802.jpg

Best

Croc

• 1 year later...

Here is nice pair of Z-3 suit WW2 contraced. This is RARE item!!!!

Photos are from Bellsaviation.com site:)

enjoy,

Jerry

post-369-1312278760.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

hi Franck ! You can get it for only 250 USD :))) but Im not sure about tie tapes? The same are in post war version or different ?

cheers,

Jerry

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jerry

I have seen it before the post. It's a very scarce stuff. I was thinking to buy it. But I already have a Korean war era model that is the same for 95%. Only label and zippers are a bit different. The last version is the more known, with big white zipper and used from the 50's to the Vietnam war.

Franck

• 2 years later...

looking for more info on the type z-3 suit. Some great info posted here, I understand the z-3 suit was USN only? I was looking for a late WW2 USAAF suit, but found an unissued z-3 suit instead. Most of my USN stuff is earlier than the z-3 usage. The z-3 was used from korea to early vietnam? How close is the z-3 to its usaf counterpart?

northcoastaero

I believe the Vietnam War era USN/USMC Z-3 cutaway anti-g suits had a locking valve connector on the end of the hose where the earlier ones had a hose end connector with a rubber life preserver inflation valve assy. Also, the adjustment cords were nylon parachute cord on

the later ones and possibly cotton on the earlier ones. The later ones have small rounded loops for the parachute cord adjustments, where

as the earlier ones had squared loops for the adjustment laces. The Z-3 could also have been made in white nylon material for the

USN/USMC nuclear flash reflective flight gear of the 1960s. Some of these could have been dyed olive green or sage green? Have

also seen Vietnam War era Z-3 suits with ejection seat leg restraint garters (2 or 4) modified (stitched) to the legs.