"DAYS of GLORY"

NCnam

just finished watching this movie. produced around 2006 and i believe it is an independent film. about a group of muslims who join the french army to fight. says it is based on a true story, and if it is, very interesting, i didnt realize muslims fought in the french army. it was made by a french producer, and film company, so there is a lot of subtitles and reading. i thought the movie was ok, not great, but not terrible either.

just finished watching this movie. produced around 2006 and i believe it is an independent film. about a group of muslims who join the french army to fight. says it is based on a true story, and if it is, very interesting, i didnt realize muslims fought in the french army. it was made by a french producer, and film company, so there is a lot of subtitles and reading. i thought the movie was ok, not great, but not terrible either.

Yeah,just like the Sengalese troops captured in France in 1940 I think,some body please correct me if I'm wrong,just going on memory.

When I visited the Somme area in 2004 we happened on a French Army cemetary from WWI. Many cemetaries dot the landscape around the Somme but I noticed in this one there were many moslem crescent burial markers among the crosses. So indeed the French long had colonial soldiers of many faiths fighting under the tricolor.

Tom Bowers

The plot is okay, the film has good moments, but who the hell supplied the film crew with military equipment??? One of the main characters of the movie is wearing a M1 Helmet configuration with the last chinstrap variation of the late 70s!!! :thumbdown:

That is a glaring and distracting error...

The same sin is committed in another good little film on a very much ignored and niche interest i admit, 'Assembly'.

• 2 years later...