27th Aero squadron pin???

F 106 Pilot

This pin came from my wife's grandfather who was in the ambulance corps during WWI. He and his brother both saw service in France during the War. My wife's father gave me a window 2 sons in the service banner. On this were several pins that they brought home from the war that were pinned to it but this one is unknown to me. What do you guys think it is. It has and Aero look to me. Could this be from the 27th? I know they used a open winged eagle for their insignia during WW1 and then changed it to a falcon in the mid 20's. I have been unable to find out what the 27th Aero insignia looked like from WW1. I listed this here hoping a wing collector might have seen a 27th pin or even have one. Thank you for your help it is greatly appreciated. Ben

post-4101-1264869642.jpg

post-4101-1264869709.jpg

Croix de Guerre
This pin came from my wife's grandfather who was in the ambulance corps during WWI. He and his brother both saw service in France during the War. My wife's father gave me a window 2 sons in the service banner. On this were several pins that they brought home from the war that were pinned to it but this one is unknown to me. What do you guys think it is. It has and Aero look to me. Could this be from the 27th? I know they used a open winged eagle for their insignia during WW1 and then changed it to a falcon in the mid 20's. I have been unable to find out what the 27th Aero insignia looked like from WW1. I listed this here hoping a wing collector might have seen a 27th pin or even have one. Thank you for your help it is greatly appreciated. Ben

Which "ambulance corps"? American Field Service, Norton-Harjes, Red Cross, Paris Hospital, U.S. Army?? There is a reason for my asking. :thumbsup:

post-3356-1264889868.jpg

Thank you guys for the input on this pin. They were both drafted in the Army from Iowa and their names were Carol Mccall and Clark Mccall. I really do appreciate the help. Ben

heres my 24th aero pin, I am not so sure that the pin you have is a squadron or unit pin, it could just be a souvenir piece.. Just a thought.. Paul

post-512-1264958614.jpg