Almost Unissued USMC P1927 Summer Coat

kklinejr

I have a few examples of the p1927 khaki, but none in this type of condition. This was my one purchase from Jeff's latest auction at AGM. It was issued to Private Eugene W. Marshall of Burbank, California. Born in Indiana, Eugene, his sister, and his mother, Golda, fell on hard times and moved across the country to live with his grandparents. At the age of 18 he joined up with the Marines on 2 April 1934 and trained at Marine Barracks, San Diego. He was then sent to Pearl Harbor for duty. By December of the same year, he was discharged due to "dependency of grandparents arisen subsequent to enlistment." He served a total of 8 1/2 months before he was honorably discharged with a character rating of excellent. Basically, he was issued this piece, stamped his name in it, but never seemingly wore it. It doesn't look like it ever had EGAs and still retains two cutters tags. About as mint as one of these can get I suppose.

post-99-1264793993.jpg

post-99-1264794016.jpg

That's a really nice blouse! It's a shame the private wasn't an active duty Marine longer than he was. Wearing this sharp looking summer uniform while arm n' arm with a hula girl would have made for a pleasant tropical liberty. Best wishes, Jim

post-397-1264803840.jpg

Damn, your fast!! Tried to get that along with some of the other items AGM had, wasn't my week. Great example :thumbsup:

I went for this one and the SAW US navy uniform. I had my purchases in within 4 minutes and the navy piece had already sold. I wonder how many of us were on there when the clock ticked "auction open!"

To answer the other question - AGM is www.advanceguardmilitaria.