War Crimes Documents

Brian Keith

post-1549-1264792576.jpg

post-1549-1264792565.jpg

Here are some passes and a photo of a guard at the War Crimes tribunal.

Hard to find stuff!

I have his uniform but it had been stripped of the insignia.

BKW

• 3 years later...

Thanks for the link to this posting. Now I don't feel as bad about missing the museum informational stuff "It was information rich, but actual artifact poor". I like to see the hardware :love:

You have some nice items there!

hardheaded

Look carefully at his belt. Notice the buckle looks white? I have seen in some close ups of their webbing that they really look like they were painted.

• 2 weeks later...

Great stuff.

I just bought a file of investigative interviews of potential WWII war crimes targets. It's original, WWII, related to a WWII program called Operation Paperclip, also known as Operation Dustbin. The thinking was to sweep up the bad guys, and evaluate them (and pump them for info about other targets.) Many of the guys collected under Operation Dustbin were released for work with U.S. industries, particularly aviation, nuclear related, chemical warfare, etc. The file has about 200 pages, maybe 250, of interviews, notes, rosters of guys collected in the program, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Backtheattack

jgawne, the belt and holsters are painted white. There are some other pictures dealing with this theme on which you could have a better view on it. There are some such items in german collections, a friend of mine has one of this belts, clear painted.

Very interesting and VERY important! These men helped bring some of the worst war criminals ever known to man to justice. The men in "white" should always be remembered.

Brian Keith

Thanks for the interest in these. Funny I posted this three years ago and got no comments until I posted the link in the Museum section. Is that an indication that the Ephemera and Photographs section is little viewed?

The original photo is a hand tinted enlargment, it lacks detail. I'll take a closer look at it to see if I can tell any further details under magnification. It will be a couple more months, I'm still in Afghanistan.

MSG BKW