RECONDO!!

Desertrat

seanmc1114

Defense Secretary Melvin Laird wearing a 5th Infantry Division Recondo patch on his cap in Vietnam along with MACV Commander Creighton Abrams.

Recondo Badge.5th Infantry Division.Melvin Laird.jpg

Recondo Badge.5th Infantry Division.1.jpg

7 hours ago, seanmc1114 said:

Defense Secretary Melvin Laird wearing a 5th Infantry Division Recondo patch on his cap in Vietnam along with MACV Commander Creighton Abrams.

Recondo Badge.5th Infantry Division.Melvin Laird.jpg

Recondo Badge.5th Infantry Division.1.jpg

Great photo, one always gets the impression the 5th Division RECONDO patch was worn only really at Carson rather then in Vietnam, still have to find a photo of it in Nam worn by a Trooper of the 1st Bde 5th Inf Div, this one with Melvin Laird, and the earlier post by yu of the Troops of the 69th Inf Bde at Carson are the only sighting thus far.

seanmc1114

I found these photos of the 25th Infantry Division Recondo patch online. I can't speak to the authenticity, but it looks right to me. For info on the unit that wore the scroll, see this link:

Recondo.25th Infantry Division.Vietnam.1.jpg

Recondo.25th Infantry Division.Vietnam.2.jpg

seanmc1114

First Sergeant Darol Walker who served as the First Sergeant of Company F (LRP) 58th Infantry, the long range patrol unit assigned to the 101st Airborne Division in Vietnam before it became Company L 75th Infantry in February 1969.

Recondo.101st Airborne.Darol Walker.jpg

Recondo.101st Airborne.Darol Walker.2.jpg

Found another one of this COMBAT LEADER Arrow, from the Bay, Repro of the Bay. Poly backing on the rear looks like right.

s-l16.jpg

s-l16u.jpg