Lt. James L. Eakin USMC

CorsairAce

Not sure exactly where to put this, so I'll post it here. I picked up today a grouping of 3 USMC dress uniforms. The set includes a tan, OD, OD Ike, 2 OD pants, 2 tan pants and EVERYTHING is taylored. Size 44. Named on the inside to LT. James L. Eakin. Where can I find out about him? You guys on here have fast resources and I know you can tell me something. Will post pictures tomorrow.

Not sure exactly where to put this, so I'll post it here. I picked up today a grouping of 3 USMC dress uniforms. The set includes a tan, OD, OD Ike, 2 OD pants, 2 tan pants and EVERYTHING is taylored. Size 44. Named on the inside to LT. James L. Eakin. Where can I find out about him? You guys on here have fast resources and I know you can tell me something. Will post pictures tomorrow.

Are these WWII uniforms? I didn't have any luck finding him in the 1943 officer's register.

Here are the pictures:
Tan tunic

OD Tunic tatlored by Bragg Baltimore, Maryland

Ike taylored by A.M. Bolognese & Sons Quantico, VA

post-96964-0-58046500-1423403745.jpg

post-96964-0-64610800-1423403746.jpg

post-96964-0-54991900-1423403747.jpg

jeremiahcable

This is a bit of a tough one. He doesn't show up in the officer register for '45 but it is only "regulars" and not reserve officers. The uniforms are correct for post '43 up to the 60s so he could be anywhere in that time frame. Have you tried searching the WWII memorial and registry on the net or checked any SSDIs?

Jeremiah

The short coat is early 1950's. Can you show us the labels inside the coats? If there is a white lable that says USMC approved, they are all 1950's. If not, the 4 pocket coats could be earlier into WW2.

CB

Inside of the tan tunic is the white "USMC Approved" tag. The others just have the taylor's tag.

OD Long

Inside Pocket

Tan

OD Short

post-96964-0-09008500-1423403915.jpg

post-96964-0-66787200-1423403915.jpg

post-96964-0-70843500-1423403916.jpg

post-96964-0-72913400-1423403917.jpg

here's a James L Eakin I found from the Civil War Registry...also from Ohio...maybe related?

Name: James L Eakin

Side: Union

Regiment State/Origin: Ohio

Regiment Name: 18 Ohio Infantry

Regiment Name Expanded: 18th Regiment, Ohio Infantry

Company: D

Rank In: Private

Rank In Expanded: Private

Rank Out: Private

Rank Out Expanded: Private

Film Number: M552 roll 30

Bonsoir,

No James L Eakin (USMC, Army, Navy and AF) served during the Vietnam war.

It could help you

Cheers

Valery

Don't know if this is any help to you, but it comes from the ancestry.com webpage. A full subscriber could provide you with more in-depth info. Do you hvae any clues where he was from?

View Record Name Age Street address City State ZIP Phone pID

View Record James L Eakin street address city Pennsylvania postal code phone-phone-phone pid

View Record James L Eakin street address city Pennsylvania postal code phone-phone-phone pid

View Record James L Eakin street address city Ohio postal code phone-phone-phone pid

View Record James L Eakin street address city Texas postal code phone-phone-phone pid

View Record James L Eakin street address city Texas postal code phone-phone-phone pid

View Record James L Eakin street address city Texas postal code phone pid

View Record James L Eakin street address city Texas postal code phone pid

View Record James L Eakin street address city Colorado postal code phone-phone-phone pid

View Record James L Eakin street address city Colorado postal code phone-phone-phone pid

View Record James L Eakin street address city Colorado postal code phone pid

View Record James L Eakin street address city Washington postal code phone-phone-phone pid

View Record James L Eakin street address city Washington postal code phone-phone-phone pid

View Record James L Eakin 48 street address city Ohio postal code phone-phone-phone pid

View Record James L Eakin 48 street address city Ohio postal code phone-phone-phone pid

As suspected, all the uniforms are all from the 1950's, likely early in that decade. Obviously this was the time during which he served, probably the minimum term. It can sometimes be impossible find out anything about a persons service even with a name. Be that as it may, they are still the high quality uniforms and other than the labels, are identical to those made in ww2. By the 1960's, uniforms started to become progressively cheaper in materials and construction.

CB

I'm not sure about then, but the minimum term for Marine officers now is 3 years if they paid for their own college before the Corps, and 6 if they went on the Marine Corps' dime