Combat Missions?

hbtcoveralls

HI Gang,

Anybody else remember the military themed reality show, I think called "Combat Missions"? It had a cast made up of former and current special operations soldiers and SWAT team members who were assigned SF type missions and were awarded points kind of like Survivor. The base commander was Seal Team luminary and reality star Rudy Boesch.

I think it only lasted one season, and I'm not sure what cable channel it showed on. Fun and entertaining, mostly because when you get that many intensely competitive guys together it really makes for good TV.

And does anybody know if its available anywhere?

Tom Bowers

Here's a summary of it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_Missions

I remember it, but I thought it was a bit contrived. As you recall losing teams voted off a member, which lead to that whole "Survivor" type of scheming.

What I didn't like about that is that military training focuses on team building and loyalty. The premise of this show completely undermined that.

Thanks, That's the one! I'm not sure I agree with your assesment, though. If your team won, and if you worked together well, then you kept your people and moved on. Only the losing team lost members. I wasn't aware about Scott Helvenston, one of the shows featured guys, was killed working for Blackwater. Wonder where the rest of them are now?

Tom Bowers

yeah, to my knowledge, scott was one of those contractors that was killed and strung up on the bridge. good show, for entertainment purposes, but glad it only lasted one season. oh, and it was good to see the swat guys take home the gold.