infrared m-3 sniperscope???

"How many life's can you justify your battle hymn's". Saxon, Power and the Glory....

"Due to the presence of fools wise people stand out - Japanese proverb"

“Labor disgraces no man; unfortunately, you occasionally find men who disgrace labor.”

—Ulysses S. Grant

DBA hoc1983 on ebay. Always nice stuff!

Nothing like a story with a fake Nun.

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

Here are some pics. I have not fired it up in many years since I had a high voltage leak and it fired me up one night. The coax has to be high voltage and does break down with time. Range was a bit over 100 yards with the light source. I think the manual says 125. It was also used on the M20 series rocket launchers. Used for sniping and to spot armor.

IR2.jpg

Image tube and wrap

1ir.jpg

2ir.jpg

3ir.jpg

4ir.jpg

6ir.jpg

5ir.jpg

7ir.jpg

8ir.jpg

9ir.jpg

Nice set up copdoc, I would like to find the bracket for the Bazooka (M-20 Rocket Launcher).

Ours telescope was made by American Opitical, I would really like to find one like yours that was made by Capehart-Farnsworth in Indiana, our museum is located in Indiana ane we like to feature Locally made stuff, want to trade?

BKW

Nice set up copdoc, I would like to find the bracket for the Bazooka (M-20 Rocket Launcher).

Ours telescope was made by American Opitical, I would really like to find one like yours that was made by Capehart-Farnsworth in Indiana, our museum is located in Indiana ane we like to feature Locally made stuff, want to trade?

BKW

Thanks, I'll think about it. Does your museum have a web page?

Thanks, I'll think about it. Does your museum have a web page?

www.museumofthesoldier.com

If you would like, I can make some photo's of ours, I sure it isn't in any of the photo's on the web. Some of our accessories are Farnsworth some not. Do you have a complete tool kit with your set? Ours is missing a few tools.

BKW

www.museumofthesoldier.com

If you would like, I can make some photo's of ours, I sure it isn't in any of the photo's on the web. Some of our accessories are Farnsworth some not. Do you have a complete tool kit with your set? Ours is missing a few tools.

BKW

Hi Brian

I don't have a tool kit either. I would like to see photos even if we don't trade. Will look at the web site after work.

I have had at least two different old timers in different areas tell me that a lot of these old sniper scopes ended up at.... SCHOOLS! As in colleges!

They apparently were given to schools as suprlus property, I guess due to the "science" involved in how the entire concept worked, and colleges, like degree type universitys, community colleges, etc, had them around and were able to obtain them and use them for teaching.

Then years later, they were typically just sold at the local college's annual surplus property sales.

I used to have a bunch of components from one, and they were in fact marked to a local college!

MW

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif
donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

WOW things have changed a lot - about 25 yrs ago A friend and I had a small shop and we had one of these not sure of the make but I remember it was a heavy box that held all the parts -- was told it was early Vietnam era -- if I remember correct we had a tough time getting a good offer on it don't think it went for $200 and it was in good working order -- it came with extra IR lens covers and I cut one down to fit my flashlight so I could use them with a set of IR goggles I had

• 2 weeks later...

wow , really neat , wish I had one, happy

They were not made for long distance shooting. They were made for night time ambush and I have read many accounts of this use in Korea. I would put it on Ebay as that would be the best place to get the most for it. All the one's I recall seeing listed sold for over 1000.00. :thumbsup:
  • 2 years later...
this scope works, we only have one of the batteries. the others were to rotted to keep because there acid. the carry bag looks like it came off the assembly line yesterday.

I have one of these, but not in working order. Whats it look like looking through a working one?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.