New Photo

Sivart

from that angle, it looks like the stretched D-9 version. Or do my eyes deceive me? At any rate, that FW just looks downright odd with US markings. Cool photo.

Terry

Cobrahistorian

Looks like either an A-8/9 or F-8/9. Has the blown canopy, which was more common on the D-9, but it is definitely a radial engine.

Great photo!

Johnny Signor

A few of the USAAF fighter and Bomber units of WW2 had acess to FW-190's ,some actually flew them for a short period,some were found to be booby trapped mechanically, and a few were shipped back to the states for trials to see how the were similar/different than our fighters.

Hard to tell if this is state side or overseas but it is a short nose regualr 190 not a Dora.

A few of the USAAF fighter and Bomber units of WW2 had acess to FW-190's ,some actually flew them for a short period,some were found to be booby trapped mechanically, and a few were shipped back to the states for trials to see how the were similar/different than our fighters.

Hard to tell if this is state side or overseas but it is a short nose regualr 190 not a Dora.

I think it is overseas. It is one of a group of pictures that were taken in 1944 by a man in the 416th FS. Of the 14 pictures, 2 were marked St Mere Eglise, July 1944, the remainder were marked St Dizier Oct 1944. This particular picture is the only one that is unmarked.

Travis

Cobrahistorian

With the PSP ramp that it is sitting on, I'd pretty much guarantee that it was overseas. I wonder if this is the National Air & Space Museum's Fw190F-8?