* * * ARVN ERDL - real or not real? * * *

gimp

nguoi tien su

Alex, when you say that the "Xuong IB" was applied first, I think it is just an optical illusion due to that fact that less ink was used.

if this buttons was replaced (see another seam)

BUT the hole for the buttons ("pants zipper") are smaller than all holes for the big green buttons

post-6590-1265209125.jpg

nguoi tien su

Gimp,

You can find also the smae type of smaller buttons on Field Police sets. I will have to check about the TV8.

All the ARVN uniforms I have seen while in Saigon with this cut and camo were dated really late war.

Here is one of the stamps found on studio uniforms :

airbor10.jpg

To make it clear, the uniforms used in the studios since 1975 are real stuff, directly coming from the ARVN QM depots.

Gimp,

You can find also the smae type of smaller buttons on Field Police sets. I will have to check about the TV8.

All the ARVN uniforms I have seen while in Saigon with this cut and camo were dated really late war.

Here is one of the stamps found on studio uniforms :

airbor10.jpg

To make it clear, the uniforms used in the studios since 1975 are real stuff, directly coming from the ARVN QM depots.

ok please check this smaller button.

all your late war arvn erdl uniforms, are they with black seams and are the fabric like mine uniform

regards

unfortunately, I can't get more detail pics from speraw's collection.

but get another pics!

hello alice,

could you make some high quali pics ot the buttons and the fabric of the 4 pocket olive uniform!

my set feels like "Utility Uniform" stuff, but stable and heavier.

@ panzerwerk

i think you have a 1968 arvn erdl with shoulder straps, could you send some pics of the buttons, please.

thanks you all!!

post-3304-1265217654.jpg

XUONG I.B stamp also here...

I think your uniforms are 110% Legit.

ARVN buttons has many variations

and I never seen 4 pocket type Reproduction. It's clean!

post-3304-1265217831.jpg

hochiminhtrail

maybe the owner can have a look and tell us if the Xuong Ib stamp lays under the quatermaster stamp or not, for me it really looks thats the xuong Ib stamp ist under.

alex

Alex, when you say that the "Xuong IB" was applied first, I think it is just an optical illusion due to that fact that less ink was used.

maybe the owner can have a look and tell us if the Xuong Ib stamp lays under the quatermaster stamp or not, for me it really looks thats the xuong Ib stamp ist under.

alex

i believe the xuong IB stamp is under the QM stamp.

IB is "lighter/faded", if you see the "B", it dont cross the line of the QM stamp

but i'm newby.....

what is the different, if IB stamb is under QM or not,

thanks

post-6590-1265225163.jpg

vintageproductions
XUONG I.B stamp also here...

I think your uniforms are 110% Legit.

ARVN buttons has many variations

and I never seen 4 pocket type Reproduction. It's clean!

Here are photos of the newest generations of the fake BDQ camo uniforms coming out of Vietnam. This one is a two pocket variant. But rest assured if they are making two pockets styles they are also making four pocket styles. There have been fake BDQ camo uniforms coming out of Vietnam since the early 90's. If some of you are happy with this set thats great, I know I wouldn't have spent my money on it.

Another point to add, this is not ERDL, this is the basic ARVN Ranger pattern camo.

bdq1.JPG

bdq2.JPG

bdq3.JPG

Theres a very similar button on a pair of 1963 OD ARVN pants I have. Doesnt have any markings on the back but looks the same. Theres only one of that style on the OD pants though. The rest are the button right above it in the picture.

IMG_5381.jpg