* * * ARVN ERDL - real or not real? * * *

gimp

Hello guys,

I need some options. Some other infos about 4 pocket ARVN uniform. Fabric, seams.....

What's about this set, legit or not.

Thanks

post-6590-1264626524.jpg

post-6590-1264626531.jpg

Yes i know this page.

This ARVN ERDLs are until 1973 and two pockets.

I need some special OPINIONS [ mistake ;) ] about this 1974 four pocket uniform.

thanks

I believe this was a late war pattern. If you look at photos of when Saigon fell in 1975, some of the officers who surrendered at the Presidential Palace were wearing uniforms similar to these.

On the stamp you see the "74" which I believe signifies a 1974 manufacture date.

This camo pattern with the predominant lime green color was also more typical of the late war period.

I think you have a good item.

Interestingly mint uniforms such as these were still being found in Saigon in the mid-1990's. A number of them were imported at the time.

hochiminhtrail

well they might be an issue here, the xuong ib stamp has been talked about on wehrmacht awards in the indochina vietnam war forum.

another theorie is that the stamp might be a vietnam movie studio stamp, or it was made to enhance uniforms, i still have no real clue, as i posses 2 shirts mysel with that stamp.

on your shirt it looks that the the xuong ib stamp is under the quatermaster stamp, what puzzels me a bit, and i would be very cautious with that shirt, but maybe some other want to jump in and give their opinions.

when you compare your xuong ib stamp it s kind of slopy compared to the one that is posted on wehrmacht awards in another thread of mine , and the fact thats it is under the quatermaster stamp makes it feel suspiciuos, so the movie studio theorie does not count for your shirt.

you might want to read this,

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/sho...ad.php?t=366032

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/sho...hlight=xuong+ib

no more ideas?

maybe so rare to talk about this?

regards

thanks a first !!!!

well they might be an issue here, the xuong ib stamp has been talked about on wehrmacht awards in the indochina vietnam war forum.

another theorie is that the stamp might be a vietnam movie studio stamp, or it was made to enhance uniforms, i still have no real clue, as i posses 2 shirts mysel with that stamp.

on your shirt it looks that the the xuong ib stamp is under the quatermaster stamp, what puzzels me a bit, and i would be very cautious with that shirt, but maybe some other want to jump in and give their opinions.

when you compare your xuong ib stamp it s kind of slopy compared to the one that is posted on wehrmacht awards in another thread of mine , and the fact thats it is under the quatermaster stamp makes it feel suspiciuos, so the movie studio theorie does not count for your shirt.

you might want to read this,

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/sho...ad.php?t=366032

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/sho...hlight=xuong+ib

thanks a first !!!!

I think They are Legit.

4 pocket version commonly used in late war period

I think Xuong IB means ARVN Factory code.

Xuong=Factory

IB=ic???

Alice: Great photo! If you look close, you can also see the shoulder straps on the camo version of the uniform.

Also note the OD versions that are very similar to this uniform with squared off pockets and centered buttons.

As I mentioned earlier, this is a late war uniform. Unfortunately these do not seem to be as well documented as those from the US period.

I do not believe the man in the picture posted above is wearing this type of uniform. In a better photo of him, it looks like a custom made uniform. The buttons appear to be covered and the pockets have that line in the middle (forgot what they are called). His also has epaulets.

giaido.jpg

Hmmm... that is a better photo.

This version has pleated lower pockets. The pockets have a double flap which is angled. This is a copy of the US Jungle fatigues. As has been noted elsewhere, Asian tailors in Thailand, Korea and Vietnam always seemed to have problems getting the angle correct. I believe the color of the camo is also different, this one not quite having the lime color to the green shade.

In this photo we can make out jump wings, what might be a Ranger badge on the left side and what looks to be a rank insignia on the center of the chest.

So not quite a match.... however the OD versions do come close.

Where are you guys finding these photos?

Where are you guys finding these photos?

I got the one I posted from generalhieu.com. Lots of great closeups of their uniforms.

hello alice,

could you make some high quali pics ot the buttons and the fabric of the 4 pocket olive uniform!

my set feels like "Utility Uniform" stuff, but stable and heavier.

@ panzerwerk

i think you have a 1968 arvn erdl with shoulder straps, could you send some pics of the buttons, please.

thanks you all!!