Uniforms

currahee506

why does the 82nd AB jacket have a 101st scarf? is that supposed to go with the 101st jacket?

Probably to show he is still proud of the 101st Airborne Division. ;)

Nice finds! thumbsup.gif

Served in the 17th, 101st and 82nd.

why does the 82nd AB jacket have a 101st scarf? is that supposed to go with the 101st jacket?

oh, didn't see that part, thought they were 3 different vet's uniforms. guess the guy didn't like combat patches

nice find. I see the combat leader stripes on the 82nd...thumbsup.gif

currahee506
w00t.gif

Wow very nice finds!

Is the 801st Jacket id'ed / dated and did you all got them from veterans?

All straight from Veterans (one's even pictured ). I am honored and humbled to have these.

currahee506

Believe it or not, this is what he wore when he marched in New York. The scarf is really something, as it is part of an original parachute. Even has some of the markings on it.

Very nice jackets. You mentioned that the 82nd jacket with the combat leaders stripes was actually to a 17th vet. Did you have a chance to asked him why he didn't also wear his 17th patch? I know that quite a few of the vets were transfered around to other units before they were sent home. I'd be interested to know if he also served in the 101st, otherwise why did he have the scarf. Three fantastic airborne jackets, thanks for sharing. Jon

currahee506
Very nice jackets. You mentioned that the 82nd jacket with the combat leaders stripes was actually to a 17th vet. Did you have a chance to asked him why he didn't also wear his 17th patch? I know that quite a few of the vets were transfered around to other units before they were sent home. I'd be interested to know if he also served in the 101st, otherwise why did he have the scarf. Three fantastic airborne jackets, thanks for sharing. Jon

I asked him the same question. He said he simply didn't sew it on the jacket.

He gave me four patches: a 17th, 101st and 82nd and a stunning paraglider patch for an overseas cap. He took a leadership course offered by the 101st in 9/45. He said when he heard the 82nd was marching in NYC, he wanted to be there, and transferred from the 101st to the 82nd. Of course the 101st was supposed to march in NYC, and never did. That's how he ended up with the 101st scarf.

I have over 50 ID'd Airborne jackets. This is one of my favorites!

Currahee506, I'd love to see some more of those ID'ed airborne uniforms, if you have time post some of your favorites. Thanks Jon

currahee506
Currahee506, I'd love to see some more of those ID'ed airborne uniforms, if you have time post some of your favorites. Thanks Jon

Will do when I have some time.