M1 Garand 8 Round Clip - Oversized for Training Rifles

Hello,

I have in my collection a reproduction of cartridges clip for rifle Garand.

2nldzme.jpg

2s6vhvs.jpg

You can see it is large-sized with regard to a real clip.

I would like to know what was the custom of this object? For instruction? A toy ? Or a simple gadget ?

And what era using ?

Thank's for all information.

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

I believe what you have was used with over-sized training M1s. They were large rifles (6 or 7 ft long), that were functional and had cut away areas to show how parts of the rifle functioned. Used for training.

As far as age, I'm thinking WWII, but that's just a guess.

Neat! :thumbsup:

"I collect anything that strikes my fancy."

I believe what you have was used with over-sized training M1s. They were large rifles (6 or 7 ft long), that were functional and had cut away areas to show how parts of the rifle functioned. Used for training.

As far as age, I'm thinking WWII, but that's just a guess.

Neat! :thumbsup:

Imagine taking that into combat! :lol: :fear:

donation2010.gif

Training aid.

Looking for for 37th Division

VietNam and earlier Special Forces &

USS Hemminger DE 746 items

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

See my FB sales page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1928884587130681/pending/

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Very Cool!...my local Army/Navy store has a large training aid cut away BAR hanging up on the wall....looks about the same scale!......mike

Always looking for and buying 50's era 11th Airborne/ 187th ARCT/ 82nd Airborne tac mark painted jump helmets!

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2017.gif

Very Cool!...my local Army/Navy store has a large training aid cut away BAR hanging up on the wall....looks about the same scale!......mike

This WWII vet from the 30th Div carried a BAR and would love to have a training replica if anyone knows of one. He has the BAR just wants the training model.

Here is his Garand trianer. There are several colors of ammo for it. I have seen yellow, green and black.

1781.jpg

Thank's a lot for all your informations but I cannot see the picture ?? :crying:

It is really amazing to see such a huge Garand!

Dimi.

In memory of PFC Charles A. Hoppe, 29th US ID, 175 IR, 2nd batallion, H Co.
KIA in front of Saint-Lô, Normandy, 16th July 1944. RIP.

Thank's a lot for all your informations but I cannot see the picture ?? :crying:

OK, now at home, with another PC, I can watch the picture, never seen before, very interesting !

I thank all contributors :thumbsup:

Cheers

I have seen and handled the BAR,M1 Garand,M1 Carbine and a Browning .30cal.LMG that were all trainers.One guy has the LMG and he thought he would need $1k if he sold it

RON

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

...sure...with your flag :lol: (pretty i feel)

The gentleman in the picture made the hugh frame for it. He has offered to help me make a frame for the flag my Dad gave me from the liberation of Auxerre, France in WWII. Thought you might be interested since you are French.

The gentleman in the picture made the hugh frame for it. He has offered to help me make a frame for the flag my Dad gave me from the liberation of Auxerre, France in WWII. Thought you might be interested since you are French.

:w00t: yes I do !

Thanks

These were popular in surplus stores after the war to hang for display.I recall seeing an M1 and a Carbine in a store in Colorado in 2001 when we took a bike trip out there.Back in the 70s there was one in Ames Iowa in the surplus store there.Now long gone.

RD

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

If anybody's traveling through central Texas, there used to be a surplus business in Gatesville (on the outskirts of Ft. Hood) called "Wide World of Surplus". In the early 90s, you could sweet-talk them into letting you crawl around in their warehouse. I remember being up in the "attic" and seeing a dozen or so of these trainer Garands (and possibly some other weapons, e.g., BAR) in various states of completeness. Last time I was there (late 90s) they wouldn't allow me to crawl around inside anymore and I haven't been back since. It's possible they're still in business in Gatesville and they may still have these trainer rifles.

The U.S. Army is very big on scale models for training. When I was teaching at the U.S. Army Missile & Munitions Center School, Redstone Arsenal there was a model shop that would build scale models of just about anything we needed for teaching. Missile launchers, transport vehicles, missiles, and anything you could think of could be constructed if the model shop was given enough lead time. The models they turned out were not inexpensive!

• 3 weeks later...

About a .60-06, right??

Looking for the following:

452nd and 447th Bomb Group items

Anything 12th Armored- especially uniforms

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2019.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.