John C. Calhoun

WWII Paramarine Smock?

I have my doubts on this. Confusing that the seller would mis-list this item as coveralls. He seems to sell a good deal of military items, so you'd think he would know what these were.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The stamp doesn't look right to me - looks like it could be an XL that has other letters printed over it. I recently asked another ebayer who sold his USMC Paramarine Jump Smock for $2500 what he thought about this smock and he said he believes it is fake. I'd just like your opinion. If they are real, then I'm kicking myself for not bidding; if fake, then I just saved myself lots of money.

Also, if they are fake the seller might have mislisted them to ease his conscience because he will be pulling a fast one on someone who thinks he is pulling a fast one on the seller (by buying something for a thousand less than its worth without informing the seller of what he has). That is a theory of mine. Let me know what you think...

Hi, it's missing it's padded elbow pads, could have been removed, seen it done before on other smocks.

Cheers Lewis.

Young enough to care and enjoy militaria - Old enough to remember as surplus

" Life's too short for reproductions "

Life is like a tank of gas, the closer you get to a quarter tank, the faster it goes 

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

Normally,I'd expect to see a little wear to the finish on the snaps but they look very fresh and shiny! That said..if it's seen very little use...who knows?!

Sabrejet :think:

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

" Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Looks like a good one to me based on what I see in the photos. I have a first pattern smock that has had the elbow pads removed at some point. You probably shoulda bid on that one.

donation2011.gif

Looks like a good one to me based on what I see in the photos. I have a first pattern smock that has had the elbow pads removed at some point. You probably shoulda bid on that one.

I agree"Looks good to me and was common to remove the elbow pads.Have seen this on sevral smocks and was common to see these cut down to a shirt and then remove the pads.

RD

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

I agree with the other guys- I can't see anything suspicious.

Support our troops...abandoning the War on Terror is not an affordable luxury.

I'm so old, I still call W.W.II U.S. militaria "war surplus".

God's blessings in the Name of our Lord Jesus- Jim Robertson