WW1 Lafayette Flying Corps Uniform/Document Group

Belleauwood

Dennis-

I'm beyond words right now. Utterly speechless....

I have enough composure to say "Thanks" for posting this truly historic grouping. It goes without saying that I'll be looking forward to hopefully more images soon...

-Chuck

Chuck, & All,

I'm a little surprised at all the kind words and thanks to all. This group is perhaps the most definitive LFC group extant. Many more images coming - Thanks again, Dennis

Brian Dentino

I cannot echo enough the statements of others here.....simply amazing. An outstanding grouping that is amazingly intact. Just a great tribute to this man, and others like him, who found it in themselves the need to sacrifice for a cause that they obviously believed in. Thank you for sharing...for even though I am not a WWI collector at all, this grouping has left me in awe!

How about a picture of the flip side of his ruby pistol/ Mind boggling grouping! steve Mcg

post-3422-1264715472.jpg

Flip Side - This gun was in the estate of his brother Winthrop and was acquired by a gun collector from that estate. Many years later, the previous owner of this group secured the pistol and returned it to Walter's effects.

post-3422-1264715746.jpg

This is the flight log of Walter's from his training days at Avord, to his last combats/flights.

I can only assume that there are very few original Lafayette Flying Corps Log Books to be found.

post-3422-1264716550.jpg

That's all for the photos of the log book. There are many more entries.

More stuff in a bit.

Hope this has not bored anyone.

DJ

Croix de Guerre
post-3422-1264716550.jpg

That's all for the photos of the log book. There are many more entries.

More stuff in a bit.

Hope this has not bored anyone.

DJ

Bored anyone?? :blink: Dude, we are just too stunned to respond. How many times can you say "Holy Crap"!!!

These next items will be all for a while. Don't want to wear folks out on this.

One of the things that has impressed me the most, is the excellent overall condition

of all the paper items in this group. There is still so much more that I haven't gone thru

Wait till you WW1 Air Service guys see the rest of the stuff.

Rare indeed!!!

post-3422-1264803496.jpg