"GI JOE" Prototypes

kanemono

Hi,

I am new to this forum and thought I would introduce my self with some of my creations. These are "GI JOE" prototypes created for Cotswold Collectibles about ten years ago. They are all hand fabricated from dozens of individual brass pieces brazed and soldered together. Here are a few of a hundred or so miniature weapons.

post-9487-1263939768.jpg

post-9487-1263939807.jpg

post-9487-1263939901.jpg

Hi,

I am new to this forum and thought I would introduce my self with some of my creations. These are "GI JOE" prototypes created for Cotswold Collectibles about ten years ago. They are all hand fabricated from dozens of individual brass pieces brazed and soldered together. Here are a few of a hundred or so miniature weapons.

Those are outstanding creations!

Thank you very much. Here is a "Highlander Set" Everything is made in silver, steel and ivory. You can see the scale from the nickel. The other piece is a sculpture called "Culloden" cast in stainless steel, about 1/6 scale.

Dick

post-9487-1264004609.jpg

post-9487-1264004625.jpg

Thank you. Here is a piece that was created for a Normandy Paratrooper figure by Cotswold. The stock folds and the magazine is removable. All metal parts are fabricated brass. The stock is resin.

Dick

post-9487-1264014884.jpg

Hi here is another set of miniatures. These were done as studies for a large bronze of the Iroquois Chief Shikellamy.

Dick

post-9487-1264087384.jpg

post-9487-1264087403.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

This is the farthest thing from my interest, but as Sabrejet has pointed out, it is of the highest quality.

I AM IMPRESSED !!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the comments. Here is a fully functional quarter scale pre-Civil War Springfield pistol carbine with everything an officer would carry during the period.The dime gives the scale

Dick

post-9487-0-86126900-1360192755.jpg

Here is a fully functional quarter scale pre-Civil War Springfield pistol carbine with everything an officer would carry during the period.The dime gives the scale

Wow! The detail is amazing! Thanks for showing this....Kat

• 2 months later...

Here is another set of miniature weapons. This cased set is quarter scale and includes weapons and accouterments that would have been worn by an officer during the French and Indian War. Everything is fully functional.

Dick

post-9487-0-96312500-1365691508.jpg

Brian Dentino

These have to be some of the most incredible small scale models I have ever seen in my life! Thanks for bringing this one back up to the top as I remember the original 2011 postings well. This cased set is just the coolest thing I have ever seen!

If I may ask, how long will it take you to craft something like a knife....let alone some of the more decorative items?