"Sterling" pilot wings, looking for some opinions

StevenL

To me this set of wings looks like a bad fake and certainly not sterling. The sterling mark looks funky, the Meyer mark is very light and hard to read and I'm pretty sure I'm seeing some casting flaws too. The pin opens 180 degrees. I don't collect wings so I'd like to hear it from some other more knowledgeable mouths too though to be sure.

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

To me this set of wings looks like a bad fake and certainly not sterling. The sterling mark looks funky, the Meyer mark is very light and hard to read and I'm pretty sure I'm seeing some casting flaws too. The pin opens 180 degrees. I don't collect wings so I'd like to hear it from some other more knowledgeable mouths too though to be sure.

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

Hello,

I think it is safe to say that those are restrikes of an NS Meyer wing. Maybe even a cast wing of a restrike. Stay away from those ugly buggers.

Patrick

The sterling mark is fine. In many cases they were added after the item was made. Would need close up of the edge and clasp and joint to tell more on the wing. Does not match the re-strikes from Fox.

militarymodels

These are the ugly copy of the NS Meyer wings. They may not even sterling but it needs to be tested though.

Hello,

I think it is safe to say that those are restrikes of an NS Meyer wing. Maybe even a cast wing of a restrike. Stay away from those ugly buggers.

Patrick