80th Div/? Inf WW1-era Painted Helmet

Don L.

80th Div painted helmet, unfortunately the subordinate Infantry designation appears to have been lost to time. Thanks for looking.

Regards,

Don

post-9079-1263765826.jpg

post-9079-1263765853.jpg

Thanks!, I have another 80th Div. that I'll post in the future, once I find it, that was painted very similar in content yet is quite different in layout.

Don

Bugme, Thank you for the link, yes I have seen that thread in it's entirety. An absolutely fantastic assembly of painted helmets, my congratulations to the posters!

Regards,

Don

Hello Donald.

great 80th Div helmet!! I hope the liner is inside, anyway outstanding helmet.

Thanks for posting.

Xavier (Glopinsky).

Greetings Xavier,

Thanks for the comments, unfortunately the liner has long departed for points unknown, but what's left certainly looks great on the shelf. And, very nice to see you here.

Regards,

Don

• 2 weeks later...

Great looking helmet. I've often seen these at reasonable prices, perhaps I should show more interest!! Would these have been painted and worn in the field or done just post war??

Rob

Rob,

Thank you for your post, the vast majority of these are considered to have been done after hostilities ceased. This particular helmet would probably have been painted as a service memento for the home or business, worn at parades/reunions, placed in a hall, etc.

Regards,

Don

Great looking helmet. I've often seen these at reasonable prices, perhaps I should show more interest!! Would these have been painted and worn in the field or done just post war??

Rob

• 2 months later...

For the few of us on the forum who also collect M1917's and not just M-1's, I can really appreciate this helmet! This one is a good looker!