WIA Paramarine Grouping

mes

jeremiahcable

GREAT STUFF! If I can remember I'll dig out my PM set to a Gunny, later WO, when I get home and photo it for sharing here. Thanks for posting all this great stuff.

Leif Very nice Are those part of the Erwin Albers grouping? Thanks for showing them.

Jeremiah Love to see your see your set to the Gunny Thanks guys Mark

Mark,

Yep. It has to be the best group I have. BS on Iwo as a rocketeer (bazooka). Dress blues, greens, P42s, boots, just a ton of stuff.

JC,

I remember that uniform, haven't seen it in years...

Leif It's one the best groups I've ever seen! Beautifull dress blues. I just made a deal on a large Iwo kia paramarine group I've been after for many years. I'll post it when I get it home safe and sound! Mark

Kurt Barickman

Leif,

That is a great set with all the tac marked HBTs to boot :thumbsup: Beautiful patch on the blues.

Kurt

Leif, Fantastic group you have. One question. Was the flash oval behind the wings significant to one of the BN's or to the Regt., or possibly a private purchase thing. Just curious because I did not think the Marines used ovals behind the wings. Thanks for the help and the pix since I am still trying to learn. Chris

Chris,

I think the ovals are unique to the Marine, himself. I have never seen or heard of others doing it. This Marine was quite the artist as all of his HBTs are painted, his seabag, and all of his jumpwings he added the EGA. He had about 6 or seven of them done. Normally I don't trust wings with EGA's but with this kind of provenance and when you see the detail of how they were done, it's a no brainer. I have three of the wings and know where 2 of his others are...one pair is out there somewhere....back to the ovals. If you notice on the blue tunic the oval is one that could be an Army artillery oval. Those in the riker mount and on his other uniforms (I have two of his green tunics) are just felt. Pretty cool and unique!

Here's our guy before Iwo in snowy Nebraska wearing his blues. Kind of funny but I drove through his home town this past New Years Eve on a way to a family funeral and couldn't help to think of what the town looked like back in WW2.

ea1.jpg

Ty,

Only on the USMC side...the Army side stays hidden!!!

You can show some of your groups!

I can't compete with this stuff ! This stuff is just awesome.

The same PM's P42 camo jacket. When I got the group I was hoping that the camo was going to be the PM variety, but the P42 set is the next best thing..

DSC03577.jpg

Mark maybe you and I could beg some camo off him. I don't have any either. I do yard work, laundry, mechanic, Xray, Aircraft mechanic work to trade for camo. I could even work a deal to trade my soul if I had one. I am still impressed each time I look at each of the collections you each have.. Very nice, Chris.

Named camo has got to be one of the hardest things to find. I had 4 or 5 sets of P42 camo before I found this one and sold them all for none were named. I did have a killer set named to a 2nd Div vet that I sadly sold...wish I could have that one back! I figured that if I had a set named to a PM, everything else was expendable.

Here is a kia Iwo parmarine Grouping I'm working. Leland Kesler was with B/1 and was kia with H co 26th marines on Iwo He was a machine guner

100_1027.jpg

100_1030.jpg

100_1031.jpg

Leland is in the center with the mustasche

100_1032.jpg

100_1033.jpg

100_1035.jpg

100_1036.jpg

100_1037.jpg

There is a ton more paperwork to this but my camera is dying I do more later

Leif I really like this case with the small wings, fantastic patches and all.The kesler group is all paper work orignally out Windfield,Kansas.I wonder if his purple heart and certificate are out there in the collecting world? I have his brother's uniform group he was 2nd division on tarawa and Siapan. Mark