WIA Paramarine Grouping

mes

Kurt Barickman

Hey Leif and Mark,

I love it; the dueling Paramarine groups. I suppose I could add my Doty group to this thread. Mark, what company and regiment did the 2nd Division brother serve in? Would lilke to see that.

Kurt

Kurt Please post it. The brother Richard Kesler was Battery K 4th Battalion 10th marines.There is some paperwork for a silver star but I can't find him listed in the usual places.I'll post it as soon as I get some batteries for my camera. Mark

Leif Man those are some great uniforms.I have weakness for 2nd battalion Choiseul stuff. Is it Named? Thanks for posting.How long have you been collecting Pm stuff? Mark

Mark,

They are all named. They don't make it into the collection if aren't. I normally don't list names on public forums, kind of like hosting my own photos.

I've been at the PM stuff for many years. I have really slowed down though...how many green jackets is too many? I saw the groups that you got on ebay but decided not to bid, just because how many more do I need? So anymore, it has been real slow on the collecting PM side. I also do Army airborne, and between the two I stay pretty tapped. I've been pondering about thinning the collection one of these days.

Leif I can appericate not listing names.As we have seen it can lead to problems.Anytime you wish to thin the heard please contact ME! I understand now How I was able to win these groups that were on ebay....I thought you might have been out of town at the time. Thanks!!! Mark

Will do. The only problem is when...I've been saying this for a while now. I managed to let one go and when I was looking at the others I kinda got reattached. One of these days....

Leif Thanks, I understand how hard it is to let anything go.Wow I'm amazed at the number of great grouping you have with the aussie patches to boot. Great stuff! Mark

• 1 year later...
American Heritage

this has been a great and fun thread to read and that closet with the blooded patches is killer, but there are so many deleted photos here I am a bit disappointed I could not see all uniforms! Any reason for that?

Fantastic Para Marine Items you guys have got there in your collections really enjoyed this threat

very intresting and some Amazing Para Marine Uniform Groupings in there also Very Nice to see :thumbsup: .

this has been a great and fun thread to read and that closet with the blooded patches is killer, but there are so many deleted photos here I am a bit disappointed I could not see all uniforms! Any reason for that?

The big problem with using photobucket and other web photo hosting sites is that once the host takes them down, the photos disappear from the threads.

this is one of the reasons that I hate it when people jump in to suggest to newer members that they use these hosting sites rather than go to the trouble of resizing and uploading the images directly.

As teufelhund says- this thread is WORTHLESS without photos. Unfortunately, as you go back through the archives, we have tons of wasted bandwidth with lengthy discussions of militaria that can no longer be viewed due to this problem.

Allan

• 4 weeks later...

my uncle was a PARAMARINE ,i am very proud of him even though i never knew him.he was ,as we call them here here on the reservation.

a WARRIOR.

If you would like to know more about my uncle please contact me,i love to share what i have learned about him.

his name is KENNETH PARKER,and even though he gave his life on IWO JIMA he still is a MARINE!

My uncle and JESSE YOUNGDEER were best of buddies.

• 3 weeks later...