GREATEST BEO GAM set ever!!!

pwmiraldi67

Hey all

after drooling over this set at Bobs shop for a while I was finally able to get enough trade goods to purchase this awsome set of early Beo Gams, w/ metal 13 star buttons, US Army, name GERARDO, early cut edge SSI and AIRBORNE tab. what is so different about this set is that its the lightweight material and both pants and shirt dont match but are clearly MDAP produced each with a small red S. also noteworthy was that the owner didnt have his airborne wings on either garment. SSgt Gerardo served w/ the 7th Group and then again with MACV SOG!

had to pay a hefty price but well worth it!!!!

enjoy,

paul

post-2472-1263503339.jpg

Wow...i just thought only beogam set but there was more.

Makes me think that what you provided in exchange ;)

Only my soul and first born son!!! No a beautiful short brim tiger boonie, a full brim tiger boonie, US Navy deck jacket and sub patch, and a super nice 5th group beret with powder blue liner and tiger head :)

paul

post-2472-1263535184.jpg

Paul ,

One other thing I forgot tot to mention is the small fact that my Beogam from Petersen is the exact same issue items as yours .

He was in the same group .

Jacket is 1st strike of the pattern , that is slightly larger in format and heavy .

Trousers are 2nd strike of pattern and lighter .

Your set follows this pattern , cool but that is life .

So this shows us as collectors that when issued suits were NOT always matching perfectly .

That is a collectorism that drives us ..collectors mad ...

Just a little side note , my 1st pattern tiger also came from Petersen so this all builds a good picture of the 1963 SF trooper that is clouded .

owen

This is really something, congrats Paul , love that beret :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks again Bro!!!

yea, just found out someone on the site has him short brim tiger, which will soon be mine!!!! All Mine!!!!!

p

vintageproductions

Paul-Like I told you when you were at the shop, I traded this group from someone here on the forum. Glad to hear it is all getting reunited.

Well done Paul, I hesitated to buy the Beogam shirt when Jason offer to sell (just because the missing Jump Wing). It s good to reunite the grouping