ETO vet, Major Joe E. Austin

THAT GUY

My Great Aunt recently passed away and nobody wanted any of the military items that belonged to my Great uncle. They were going to trash the things!!! So I got this a couple of months ago and have been learning about my Great uncle since.

post-8911-1263154525.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

A good job you are a collector. I wonder how many thousands of similar groups have been "trashed" in the past. It must happen every day. :crying:

THAT GUY is a LUCKY GUY.

I love family related groupings. I would trade my whole collection for a trunk grouping from my grandpa. I'm sure youll never sell this awesome grouping but if you ever decide to Ill take it and send you anthrax as payment(joke, not threat)

THAT GUY is a LUCKY GUY.

I love family related groupings. I would trade my whole collection for a trunk grouping from my grandpa. I'm sure youll never sell this awesome grouping but if you ever decide to Ill take it and send you anthrax as payment(joke, not threat)

Hehehehe... I'd be careful who I said that to. Anyways it was the most wonderful thing I've ever gotten military wise, 1, it was free, and 2, I learned so much from this guy that I never had a chance to meet!!! Plus of all the mint stuff inside. (Early brass leggings, barracks bag, tanker cap,)...