SGT. Raymond F. Weaver's Purple Heart

Jack's Son

Hi All,

Yesterday I made a post about a new Heart I received. After reading the replies, I learned there were family letters associated with it.

It seems that the parents of SGT. Weaver had questions about their son's "missing in action" status and other concerns.

They wrote letters to the Army asking about it. The letters were answered by congressmen and even Sen. John Mc Cain's father, who was a high ranking military officer.

All of these letters and other documents were auctioned on ebay sometime during July of '09.

YOU CAN HELP. If you know other members of our community who collect documents, or if you know of the auction, please help.

Please feel free to copy this thread on other sites, any way of getting the word out.

I would like to find those letters, and reunite them with the Heart.

Anything you can do will be appreciated.

Thank you.

will do ! :thumbsup: if I were you I would write NARA for his file sometimes they have the Photocopies of thte letters from family and to Govt.

It will cost you $60 but its worth it I think!

will do ! :thumbsup: if I were you I would write NARA for his file sometimes they have the Photocopies of thte letters from family and to Govt.

It will cost you $60 but its worth it I think!

Thanks Scott.

Sent to St. Louis already.

Hope the fire didn't get to the Raymond F. Weaver section.