MOH Jack Lucas story. Happened to a friend of mine.

rrobertscv

A freind of mine, he is going to law school now, served in Iraq as a Marine, his name is Aaron. He lost his left leg from the knee down due to a roadside bomb, but has never looked back or let this bother him. As a matter of fact, if he doesn't tell you, it is hard to tell he has ever been injured. His brother also joined the Marine's and they decided to take a road trip and meet MOH recepiant Jack Lucas, they live in the northern part of the state.

They got to his hometown, called him up and were invited to his house. They spent time talking and visiting and as they were preparing to leave, they ask Mr. Lucas if he would sign the book each had brought with them. Aaron gave him his book first and Mr. Lucas signed it "To my brother, Jack Lucas", he also signed his brothers book. When Aaron's brother looked in his book it was signed "Jack Lucas", he asked why he did not sign his like he did his brothers. Mr Lucas told him, "As soon as you do a tour, come back to see me and I will add the other part."

After Aaron's brother returned from his first tour, they called, with the intention of getting his book "corrected". Mrs. Lucas answered the phone and told them that Mr. Lucas was very ill and would not be able to see them, but to try back later. He died later that week, never being able to add the part he left out.