5-BUTTON SWEATER

JRB

• 3 weeks later...

I have one from both dealers actually and all in all they both have their pros and cons. The color of both are accurate, the contrast "cable?" stitching is well done. One thing I did on both was replace the buttons with actual WW2 buttons. I did not care for either of the supplied ones. The wool is of decent quality on both and the WPG version was actually a bit smaller, both are XL.

Docdean, thanks for the reply. When you compare the 2, are they very similar to each other? The weave of the Schipperfabrik looked different than the What Price Glory, but I realize you can't just go by the pictures. What were some of the pros and cons of each?

My son has one of the sweaters at college in another town so I can't side by side on them, but to my recollection both of the main bodies weaves were pretty similar. The contrast stitching around the bottom "skirt" are on both were similar. Color on both was comparable, the finish of the wool of the WPG was a little rougher. I think you'd be fine with either, I was satisfied with both but had an opportunity to get a second one for my kiddo so I did. The olny thing I found disagreeable about both of hem was the buttons which as I said I replaced with originals. Both appear to be quality products.